19 Jul 4.2 Discussion: Writing Exercise – Measurement Getting Started The chapter reading explores the role and i
4.2 Discussion: Writing Exercise – Measurement
The chapter reading explores the role and importance of measurement in research. Although your ADP may not require a specific statistical methodology, it is necessary to understand how researchers use measurement to explore a problem or issue and support their findings. There are many statistical measurements. You may have studied statistics previously and will encounter this information in your doctoral program. Either way, the aim of this assignment is simply to help you understand the purpose without having to deal with the numbers or calculations. Think of it conceptually and you will have more than an adequate understanding of the role measurement plays in research.
Upon successful completion of this discussion, you will be able to:
- Evaluate the measurement strategy used by article authors.
- Find additional articles that measure a similar phenomenon.
Research often involves hundreds or thousands of pieces of data. Information can be compiled for many different variables, and computer programs can be used to model the relationships between them. From their reading of prior studies, social scientists bring a deeper theoretical understanding of the many constraints that shape human behavior, which informs their sampling, measurements, and analyses. Then, as they compose their final reports, researchers describe their findings with precision and caution rather than speaking in hyperbole. All of this is, arguably, far superior to ordinary human inquiry (Harris, 2014).
Harris, S. R. (2014). How to critique journal articles in the social sciences. SAGE.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Read Chapter 5 of How to Critique Journal Articles in the Social Sciences.
- Follow the instructions for Exercise 5.2 and write response (300-400 words) answering the questions posed in the text.
- Because this is a writing exercise, focus on generating clear ideas rather than a formal, structured response.
- Use APA format for all in-text citations and references and Grammarly to ensure your submission is free of writing errors. In addition to your APA-formatted reference, please provide the OCLS permalink to any article you include in your post.
- Post your initial response by the end of day 4 of the workshop.
- Read and respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings, as well as any follow-up instructor questions directed at you, by the end of the workshop.
- Your postings are interactions with your classmates and instructor that should facilitate engaging dialogue and provide evidence of critical thinking. For this discussion, focus on the following:
- Extension: Expand the discussion.
- Challenge: Interrogate assumptions, conclusions or interpretations.
- Relational: Make comparisons or contrasts of themes, ideas, or issues.
- Clarification: Provide clarification to classmates' questions and provide insight into the discussion.
APA 7th Edition, 300-400 words
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.