14 Apr If the 98% confidence limits for the population
If the 98% confidence limits for the population
Subject: Mathematics / Statistics
Multiple Choice and work the problem out if necessary
8. If the 98% confidence limits for the population mean are 73 and 80, which of the following could be the 95% confidence limits?
a. 73 and 81
b. 72 and 79
c. 72 and 81
d. 74 and 79
e. none of these
9. A 95% confidence interval for the mean reading achievement score for a population of third grade students is (44.2, 54.2). Suppose you compute a 99% confidence interval using the same information.
Which of the following statements is correct?
a. The intervals have the same width.
b. The 99% interval is longer.
c. The 99% interval is shorter.
d. None of the above.
10. Which of the following confidence intervals will be the smallest?
11. Which of the following best describes the shape of the sampling distribution of the sample proportion?
a. When standardized, it is exactly the standard normal distribution.
b. When standardized, it is the t distribution.
c. It is approximately normal as long as n 30.
d. It is approximately normal as long as np 10 and n(1-p) 10.
e. None of these are correct.
Use the following information to answer questions 12 – 15: A new brand of chocolate bar is being market tested. Five hundred of the new chocolate bars were given to consumers to try. The consumers were asked whether they liked or disliked the chocolate bar. You are given their responses below.
12. What is the point estimate for the proportion of people who liked the chocolate bar?
e. none of these above
13. What is the standard error for the proportion of people who liked the chocolate bar?
14. If we are to determine a 95% confidence interval for the true proportion of people who liked the chocolate bar, what is the margin of error?
15. Give the 95% confidence interval (a range of values) for the true proportion of people who liked the chocolate bar.
a. [0.4262528, 0.5137472 ]
b. [0.4862528, 0.5737472 ]
c. [-1.489964, 2.429964 ]
d. [0.4691805, 0.4708195 ]
e. none of these above
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.