02 May A manufacturer of printed circuit boards has a design capacity of 1,000 boards per day. The effective capacity, however, is 704 boards per day.
1. A manufacturer of printed circuit boards has a design capacity of 1,000 boards per day. The effective capacity, however, is 704 boards per day. Recently, the production facility has been producing 915 boards per day. Compute the design and effective capacity utilization measures.
(Round your answers to 1 decimal place, e.g. 3.5%.)
Utilization Effective = %
Utilization Design = %
2. The town barber shop can accommodate 32 customers per day. The manager has determined that if two additional barbers are hired, the shop can accommodate 76 customers per day. What are the design and effective capacities for the barber shop?
Effective capacity = customers/day
Design capacity = customers/day
3. Demand has grown at Dairy May Farms, and it is considering expanding. One option is to expand by purchasing a very large farm that will be able to meet expected future demand. Another option is to expand the current facility by a small amount now and take a wait-and-see attitude, with the possibility of a larger expansion in two years.
Management has estimated the following chances for demand:
- The likelihood of demand being high is 0.72.
- The likelihood of demand being low is 0.28.
Profits for each alternative have been estimated as follows:
- Large expansion has an estimated profitability of either $51,900 or $24,100, depending on whether demand turns out to be high or low.
- Small expansion has a profitability of $15,100, assuming that demand is low.
- Small expansion with an occurrence of high demand would require considering whether to expand further. If the company expands at that point, the profitability is expected to be $41,000. If it does not expand further, the profitability is expected to be $12,850.
(b) Calculate expected values for large and small expansions. What should Dairy May Farms do?
EV small expansion = $
EV large expansion = $
Company sould opt expansion.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.