07 Apr Activity-Based Costing, Journal Entries, T-Accounts, and Preparing an Income Statement. Custo
Activity-Based Costing, Journal Entries, T-Accounts, and Preparing an Income Statement. Custom Furniture Company. The only difference is that this problem uses activity-based costing to allocate overhead costs rather than one plantwide rate. Recall that inventory beginning balances were $25,000 for raw materials inventory, $35,000 for work-in-process inventory, and $90,000 for finished goods inventory.
Management of Custom Furniture Company would like to use activity-based costing to allocate overhead costs totaling $1,140,000 rather than one plantwide rate based on direct labor hours. The following estimates are for the activities and related cost drivers identified as having the greatest impact on overhead costs.
Transactions for the month of May are shown as follows:
- Raw materials were purchased during the month for $15,000 on account.
- Raw materials totaling $21,000 were placed in production: $3,000 for indirect materials (glue, screws, nails, and the like) and $18,000 for direct materials (wood planks, hardware, etc.).
- Timesheets from the direct labor workforce show total costs of $40,000, to be paid the next month.
- Production supervisors and other indirect labor working in the factory are owed wages totaling $27,000.
- The following costs were incurred related to the factory: building depreciation of $29,000, insurance of $11,000 (originally recorded as prepaid insurance), utilities of $4,000 (to be paid the next month), and maintenance costs of $22,000 (paid immediately).
- Manufacturing overhead is applied to products based on the following cost driver activity for the month:
Number of purchase orders
Number of machine setups
Direct labor hours
- The following selling costs were incurred: wages of $5,000 (to be paid the next month), building rent of $3,000 (originally recorded as prepaid rent), and advertising totaling $10,000 (to be paid the next month).
- The following general and administrative (G&A) costs were incurred: wages of $13,000 (to be paid the next month), equipment depreciation of $6,000, and building rent of $7,000 (originally recorded as prepaid rent).
- Completed goods costing $155,000 were transferred out of work-in-process inventory.
- Sold goods for $100,000 on account and $90,000 cash.
- The goods sold in the previous transaction had a cost of $129,000.
- Closed the manufacturing overhead account to cost of goods sold.
Question1: Calculate the predetermined overhead rate for each activity.
Question2: Is overhead underapplied or overapplied for the month of May? Based on the balance in the manufacturing overhead T-account prepared in requirement c, prepare a journal entry for transaction 12.
Question 3:Prepare a journal entry for each of the transactions 1 through 11, and post each entry to the T-accounts set up in requirement b. Label each entry in the T-accounts by transaction number, and total each T-account.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.