• Examine the UN Millennium Developmental Goals (2015) and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Global Programs & Initiatives. Select a UN Millennium Goal and an HHS Global initiative that could be utilized as a basis of reference for addressing the palliative care issues and obstacles in nations. Then based on that goal and initiative compare, contrast, and describe the cultural end-of-life care policies & services of sub-Saharan Africa with that of Europe.
o UN GOAL SELECTED: – GOAL 6: COMBAT HIV/AIDS, MALARIA, AND OTHER DISEASES. Focus on Malaria.
o HHS GLOBAL PROGRAM INITIATIVE SELECTED: – GOAL 2- Improve Global Health and Well-Being by providing International Leadership and Technical Expertise in Science, Policy, Program, and Practice.
• Analyze and hypothesize why the United States spends more money per capita on health care and does not have the greatest return for the money as compared to other developed countries such as Japan.
• How can WHO’s health policies make a difference in global health care? Be specific and provide advocacy suggestions.
• Research under-developed countries’ access to health care and the morbidity and mortality rates of the population. (GHANA). Examine the UN Millennium Developmental Goals (2015) and the latest progress made toward their attainment. Why is important to note their progress worldwide?
• Then, contact organizations already involved in efforts to improve the health of the nation to understand what is already being done and what are the gaps or ongoing needs. Highlight your interviews, research, and findings for the country you will focus on in the coming weeks. – GHANA-