09 Jan Assignment 2: Healthcare Informatics and System Breaches You are the Health Information Officer at a large hospital. You have learned a significant information technology failure or breach
Assignment 2: Healthcare Informatics and System Breaches
You are the Health Information Officer at a large hospital. You have learned a significant information technology failure or breach has occurred within your hospital. Using the Internet or the Strayer University library database, identify other health care organizations or healthcare providers that have recently had a significant information technology failure or breach. Write a report to your staff, notifying them of the failure or breach, who such failures or breaches have affected similar organizations, and how those organizations resolved the issue(s).
Write a four to five (4-5) page report for your staff in which you:
- Outline four (4) key factors contributing to the other organizations’ HIMS failures or breaches.
- Analyze three (3) ways the HIMS failures impacted the organizations’ operations and patient information protection, privacy, or personal safety.
- Diagnose the leadership teams’ reactions to the failures. Analyze whether the leadership teams took sufficient measures to address various stakeholder groups impacted. Next, consider whether the other organizations had sufficient resources in place to prevent these occurrences. If not, identify where most of the failures occurred.
- Suggest three (3) outcomes for the facility and state and explain whether you agree with the overall verdict or violation.
- Recommend at least three (3) best practices your hospital can adopt to avoid such HIMS failures or breaches in the future. Provide support for these recommendations.
- Explain one (1) current government requirement requiring all healthcare organizations to ensure health care and patient information is secure and information breaches and technology failures are minimized.
- Use at least four (4) current (2015-2019), quality resources in this assignment. The is a great resource to locate current, quality resources. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or SWS format. Use proper grammar, spelling, and sentence syntax. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the assignment title, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment length.
- At a minimum, provide these headings within your report: summary statement, background information, and recommendations.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Propose a Health Information Management Systems (HIMS) and a patient information protection plan for a health care organization.
- Determine best practices for avoiding HIMS failures and breaches.
- Review concepts and theories related to healthcare information technology and systems, including ethical and legal standards, strategic information system planning, and methods for ensuring the security of patient information.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.