14 Sep Assume that you are working at a local criminal defense law firm. The managing partner has asked you to research th
Assume that you are working at a local criminal defense law firm. The managing partner has asked you to research the following issues. The attorney anticipates that these issues could arise in a criminal case that your firm has accepted.
State and local governments must obey the Bill of Rights.
- During a state criminal prosecution, a defendant is guaranteed many rights through the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution. Almost all of the Bill of Rights have been incorporated through the 14th Amendment and apply to the states. Select 1 of these constitutional guarantees that you believe is the most important, and provide an example of how this constitutional right of a state defendant might be violated during the criminal process.
- Could this violation form the basis of an appeal if the defendant is convicted?
- To which court can the verdict from a state trial be appealed (use your state as an example)?
- To which court can the verdict from a federal trial court be appealed (again, use your specific federal courts as an example)?
- Is there an intermediate court of appeals in your state or federal system?
- What is the court of last resort (highest appeals court) in your state and in the federal courts? Does this court have original jurisdiction over any criminal actions?
- Please provide citations to your references at the end of your assignment in a Reference section.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.