13 Jan Blog: The Intersection of Social Determinants of Health on HIT and Patient Outcomes
Blog: The Intersection of Social Determinants of Health on HIT and Patient Outcomes
Health literacy is defined by the World Health Organization (WHO) as, “the cognitive and social skills which determine the motivation and ability of individuals to gain access to, understand, and use information in ways that promote and maintain good health” (n.d.). The American Medical Association (AMA) defines health literacy as, “a constellation of skills, including the ability to perform basic reading and numerical tasks required to function in the health care environment” (Baker, 2006). These definitions highlight the importance of health literacy for both healthcare workers and patients.
Whether it is the ability to fully analyze and interpret a researched study, or to speak to patients in a way that gains their trust and develops their understanding, health literacy directly relates to patient care.
However, understanding the importance of health literacy does not directly correlate to effective health literacy, so how does health literacy impact patient outcomes? What barriers or social determinants might impact health literacy?
For this Discussion, reflect on your understanding of health literacy, health information technology, and health economics. Consider the impact of each of these topics and explore how they are related to patient care. You will also recommend strategies to overcome potential barriers as they relate to the topics.
• Review the Learning Resources associated with the topics: Health Literacy, Health Information Technology (HIT) on Patient Outcomes, and Health Economics.
• Consider the role of each of these topics in influencing how healthcare is delivered and practiced in your healthcare organization or nursing practice.
• Reflect on how COVID-19 might have impacted each of these topics, including potential barriers or challenges for future implementation.
ASSIGNMENT cohesive response that addresses the following:
• Explain how Health Literacy, HIT on Patient Outcomes, and Health Economics may be integrated into and impact clinical practice for your healthcare organization or nursing practice. Be specific and provide examples.
• Describe your understanding of the concept of health literacy. Why is it important to understand implications for the lack of health literacy for nursing practice?
• Discuss and evaluate how COVID-19 may have impacted each of these topics for healthcare delivery and nursing practice. Be specific.
• Recommend at least two strategies you might implement for overcoming challenges/barriers related to these topics in your healthcare organization or nursing practice.
Improved Diagnostics & Patient Outcomes | HealthIT.gov
Sipes, C. (2020). Project management for the advanced practice nurse (2nd ed.). Springer Publishing.
• Chapter 5, “Implementation/Execution—Phase 3” (pp. 121–146)
• Chapter 6, “Monitoring and Controlling: Project Management—Phase 4”
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.