Bully is a serious psychosocial issue that as a human service professionals and as adults we must address. I mentioned in other posts it is good to take a look at the bully themselves, we generally look at the victims of bullying but rarely look at the bullies. I found this information it is telling and suggests we need more research about the bullies and need to help them as well.
Kids who bully others can also engage in violent and other risky behaviors into adulthood. Kids who bully are more likely to:
- Abuse alcohol and other drugs in adolescence and as adults
- Get into fights, vandalize property, and drop out of school
- Engage in early sexual activity
- Have criminal convictions and traffic citations as adults
- Be abusive toward their romantic partners, spouses, or children as adults (US Department of Health and Human Services, 2017, para. 3).
What do you suggest we do about the bullies?