04 May Case Study Concept Map and Plan of Care Course Competency : Design plans for care specific to the older adult. Consider the
Case Study Concept Map and Plan of Care
- Course Competency :
- Design plans for care specific to the older adult.
- Consider the scenario below, then follow the instructions underneath it to complete the assignment.
Mrs. Y is an 84-year-old client who was recently discharged from the hospital for an infected diabetic ulcer on her left leg. During her hospitalization, Mrs. Y required intravenous antibiotic therapy through a peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) line.
Due to Mrs. Y's long history of diabetes, her physician ordered that intravenous antibiotic therapy be continued at home. Subsequently, home health services were initiated, a home health nurse was assigned to Mrs. Y's case, and an initial home visit was scheduled.
The home health nurse arrives at Mrs. Y's home and introduces herself to the client and the family. The nurse explains the home nursing services that will be provided, including the PICC line and intravenous antibiotic therapy treatments.
During the initial home visit, the nurse assessed the physiological, psychological, functional, and safety needs of the client. The nurse's findings were as follows:
- Mrs. Y lives alone; however, her daughter checks on her frequently throughout the day.
- The client is noted to have moderate functional issues and ambulates with a cane.
- The client has several throw rugs in the main walking quarters and minimal lighting throughout the hallways.
- Mrs. Y states "I used to get around my house with ease, but now I get a little tired and have to sit down and rest frequently."
- Consider Mrs. Y's current health status and functional decline, then address the following:
- Download the Concept Map and Plan of Care worksheet below. An example is also provided for your reference.
- Concept Map and Plan of Care worksheet
Concept Map and Plan of Care example
- Identify three (3) priority nursing diagnoses for Mrs. Y. Visit the School of Nursing Guide Nursing Reference eBooks section for resources to assist with nursing diagnoses.
- Create a visual representation of the three (3) priority nursing diagnoses by incorporating them into the Concept Map (template in the worksheet). Be sure each nursing diagnosis includes the following elements:
- "related to (r/t)" — description of the client's problem
- "as evidenced by" — description of the client's symptoms
- Complete the Nursing Plan of Care (table in the worksheet) describing what should be implemented for Mrs. Y.
- Goals: Establish at least one (1) goal for each of the nursing diagnoses you identified (for a total of 3 goals). Goals should be: patient specific, measurable, actionable, realistic, and time limited.
- Nursing Interventions: Describe at least three (3) nursing interventions for each of the goals (for a total of 9 nursing interventions). Each intervention should be in alignment with the goal it is supporting.
- Complete the assignment using proper spelling, grammar, and APA.
- For information about creating a concept map, review the FAQ, What is a concept map and how do I create one?
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the ".docx" extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below:
Nursing Care of the Older Adult
Module 05 Assignment – Case Study Concept Map and Plan of Care
Primary Medical Diagnosis:
Prioritized Nursing Dx# 2
Prioritized Nursing Dx# 6
Prioritized Nursing Dx# 5
Prioritized Nursing Dx# 3
Prioritized Nursing Dx# 1
Prioritized Nursing Dx# 4
Nursing Plan of Care
Prioritized Nursing Diagnoses
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.