13 Sep Case Study Mrs. A is a 71 year old widow with CHF and osteoarthritis who has recently been exhibiti
Mrs. A is a 71 year old widow with CHF and osteoarthritis who has recently been exhibiting quite unusual behavior. Her daughter is concerned about her mother's ability to remain independent and wishes to pursue nursing home admission arrangements. She fears the development of a dementing illness. Over the last two to three months Mrs. A has become confused, easily fatigued and very irritable. She has developed disturbing obsessive/compulsive behavior constantly complaining that her lace curtains were dirty and required frequent washing. Detailed questioning revealed that she thought they were yellow-green and possibly moldy. Her prescribed medications are:
- Furosemide 40 mg daily in the morning
- Digoxin 250 micrograms daily
- Paracetamol 500 mg, 1-2 tablets 4-hourly PRN
- Piroxicam 20 mg at night
- Mylanta suspension, 20 ml PRN
- Coloxyl 120 mg, 1-2 tablets at night
- Critically discuss this case study in terms of the problematic nature of this patient's pharmacological management.
- Outline some pharmacokinetic changes in the geriatric population that may affect drug disposition.
- Outline how changes in renal and hepatic function may affect treatment strategies.
- In the drug regimen presented above – discuss potential side effects and potential interactions, if any?
- Your response should include a discussion of the problems of polypharmacy as it is related to this case study and the assessment/management and educational strategies which could have been implemented to improve the outcome of Mrs. A.
- Prepare and submit a 3-4 page paper [total] in length (not including APA format).
- Answer ALL the questions above.
- Support your position with examples.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.