10 Oct Chapter 39, Assessment and Management of Patients With Rheumatic Disorders 1. Ellie Long, a 55-year-old patient, pr
Chapter 39, Assessment and Management of Patients With Rheumatic Disorders
1. Ellie Long, a 55-year-old patient, presents to the pain clinic with the diagnosis of fibromyalgia syndrome. The nurse at the clinic obtains a history and physical assessment of the patient. (Learning Objective 2)
- On what areas should the nurse concentrate when interviewing the patient during the history process?
- On what areas should the nurse concentrate when assessing the patient?
- What diagnostic tests are used with fibromyalgia syndrome?
2. Julie Walker, a 22-year-old patient, is newly diagnosed with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). She presented with extreme fatigue; muscle and joint aching and swelling; a butterfly-shaped, flat, red rash across the bridge of the nose; patchy alopecia; a low-grade fever; and loss of appetite. Further workup revealed a positive antinuclear antibodies (ANA) titer, anemia, leucopenia, and mild thrombocytopenia. She has an abnormal lipid profile, proteinuria, and hypertension. The liver and renal profiles are within normal range. The physician ordered over-the-counter ibuprofen as needed for joint discomfort, but not to exceed 1,200 mg/day; hydroxychloroquine sulfate (Plaquenil) before meals at the same time each day; and prednisone in tapering doses over the next month. The physician also started the patient on lisinopril, an ACE inhibitor for the hypertension and a statin for the elevated lipids. The clinic nurse is asked by the physician to provide patient and family education. (Learning Objective 5)
- What teaching-plan topics should the nurse provide for the patient?
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.