step 1 Choose a person to interview from a culture different than your own.
Step 2 Use your book or additional resources to research the cultural group's health practices. Think of questions you want to ask. Select a model of culturally-competent nursing care to guide the development of your questions.
Step 3 Conduct the interview (approximately 15-20 minutes). Be sure to gather information to address the areas in step 4.
- Describe how you used the chosen model of culturally competent nursing care to develop interview questions
- Summarize the interview questions used and the answers received, and address the following:
- With what culture does the person identify?
- How does this person define/perceive health and illness and how is this affected by his or her culture?
- Describe the person's health maintenance, protection, and restoration traditions and how these have been influenced by culture.
- How has language and/or culture impacted:
- Access to health care
- Communication with health care professionals.
- Analyze the concept of cultural humility, based on the information that you gathered in the Interview.
Cite any sources in APA format.