19 Jul Classic Gardens and Landscapes counts responses to specialty promotions to determine effectiveness. You use S
Classic Gardens and Landscapes counts responses to specialty promotions to determine effectiveness. You use SUMIFS and an IFS formula to complete the summary. You also calculate insurance statistics and display full names in one cell.
[Student Learning Outcomes 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 6.6, 6.7]
File Needed: ClassicGardens-06.xlsx (Available from the Start File link.)
Completed Project File Name: [your name]-ClassicGardens-06.xlsx
Skills Covered in This Project
- Nest MATCH and INDEX functions.
- Create DSUM formulas.
- Build an IFS function.
- Build SUMIFS formulas.
- Use TEXTJOIN to join labels.
- Open the ClassicGardens-06 start file. The file will be renamed automatically to include your name. Change the project file name if directed to do so by your instructor, and save it.
- Create a nested INDEX and MATCH function to display the number of responses from a city.
- Click the Mailings sheet tab and select and name cells A3:D28 as Responses.
- Click the Mailing Stats sheet tab.
- Click cell B21 and type Carthage.
- Click cell C21, start an INDEX function, and select the first argument list option.
- Choose or type the Responses range name for the Array argument.
- Click the Row_num box and nest a MATCH function. Select cell B21 for the Lookup_value and cells A3:A28 on the Mailings sheet for the Lookup_array. Click the Match_type argument box and type 0.
- Click INDEX in the Formula bar. Click the Column_num box and nest a second MATCH function to look up cell D3 on the Mailings sheet in the lookup array A3:D3.
- Click the Match_type box and type 0 (Figure 6-106) and click OK. The result displays as 343.00.Figure 6-106 Nested MATCH and INDEX functions
- Format the results to show zero decimal places.
- Type Smyrna in cell B21.
- Use DSUM to summarize mailing data.
- Select the Mailings sheet and note that number mailed is located in the third column and response data is in the fourth column.
- Click the Criteria sheet tab. Select cell B2 and type lan* to select data for the Landscape Design department.
- Type law* in cell B5 for the Lawn & Maintenance department.
- Type pat* in cell B8 for the Patio & Furniture department.
- Click the Mailing Stats sheet tab and select cell B7.
- Use DSUM with the range name Responses as the Database argument. Type 3 for the Field argument (# Mailed column), and enter an absolute reference to cells B1:B2 on the Criteria sheet as the Criteria argument.
- Copy the formula to cell C7 and edit the Field argument to use the fourth column (# Responses).
- Use DSUM in cells B8:C9 to calculate results for the two remaining departments.
- Use SUM in cells B10:C10.
- Format all values as Comma Style with no decimal places.
- Create an IFS function to display a response rating. Note: If your version of Excel does not include the IFS function, build the following nested IF function =IF(C7/B7>=20%,$C$15,IF(C7/B7>=15%,$C$16,IF(C7/B7>=11%,$C$17,$C$18))) to display the rating.
- Click cell D7. The response rate and ratings are shown in rows 14:18.
- Start an IFS function and select C7 for the Logical_test1 argument. Type / for division and select cell B7. Type >=20% to complete the test.
- Click the Value_if_true1 box, select C15, and press F4 (FN+F4) (Figure 6-107).Figure 6-107 First Logical_test and Value_if_true arguments
- Click the Logical_test2 box, select C7, type /, select cell B7, and type >=15%.
- Click the Value_if_true2 box, click cell C16, and press F4 (FN+F4).
- Complete the third and fourth logical tests and Value_if_true arguments (Figure 6-108).Figure 6-108 Completed IFS function arguments
- Copy the formula in cell D7 to cells D8:D10.
- Use SUMIFS to total insurance claims and dependents by city and department.
- Click the Employee Insurance sheet tab and select cell E25.
- Use SUMIFS with an absolute reference to cells F4:F23 as the Sum_range argument.
- The Criteria_range1 argument is an absolute reference to cells E4:E23. The Criteria1 argument is bre* to select the city of Brentwood.
- The Criteria_range2 argument is an absolute reference to cells D4:D23, the department column, with criteria of lan* to select the Landscape Design department.
- Click OK. The result for cell E25 is 10.
- Build SUMIFS formulas for cells E26:E28 based on the criteria displayed in cells C26:C28.
- Format borders to remove inconsistencies, if any, and adjust column widths to display data.
- Use TEXTJOIN to display names. Note: If your version of Excel does not include the TEXTJOIN function, use CONCAT or CONCATENATE to build the function.
- Click the Full Names sheet tab and select cell E4.
- Start a TEXTJOIN function and press Spacebar for the Delimiter argument.
- Click the Text1 box and select cell C4.
- Complete the Text2 and Text3 arguments to show middle and last names and click OK (Figure 6-109).Figure 6-109 Delimiter is a space
- Copy the formula to display full names in column E.
- Save and close the ClassicGardens-06 Excel workbook (Figure 6-110).
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.