This assignment is intended to help you learn to do the following:
· Compare and contrast privacy policies and laws of different jurisdictions.
· Integrate ethical practice in real world context.
· List the applicable laws and policies related to cyber defense and describe the major components of each pertaining to the storage and transmission of data.
· Describe their responsibilities related to the handling of data as it pertains to legal, ethical and/or agency auditing issues
Based on case study “Pizzeria ‘Comet Ping Pong’ Is a Child Pornography Ring” in Kremling and Parker (2018), this assignment gives you opportunity to examine ethical practice and laws of different jurisdictions.
“One of the latest trends has been the posting of “fake news”—that is, news that is made up for the purpose of accomplishing a certain goal or simply for entertainment purposes. On December 4, 2016, an entire Washington, DC, neighborhood was under lockdown due to a fake news story about a pizzeria that was allegedly a child pornography ring run by Hillary Clinton and her campaign manager, John Podesta. The fake story was posted on social media and shared via Twitter and Facebook by hundreds of people, including the son of former national security advisor Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn.
After reading the story, a man decided to take matters into his own hands and entered the pizzeria with an assault rifle, which he pointed at the employees. He fired several shots before he was arrested. People who believe fake news can pose a real danger to society. Fake news stories have always existed, but they were printed in magazines everyone knew were not serious publications. Today, many fake stories are shared by websites and people who look legitimate, which makes them believable and can result in violent threats and bloodshed”. (Kremling & Parker, 2018, p. 201)
1. Browse the case study “Pizzeria ‘Comet Ping Pong’ Is a Child Pornography Ring” in Kremling & Parker (2018).
2. Identify the ethical dilemma and challenges from your reading, then write a 500-to-1000-word paper that address the following questions:
3. To what extent is it technically a Cybercrime if someone used social media to spread what is considered fake news? What is the ethical implication of an organization spreading fake news?
4. What would an intelligence gathering process look like to determine the accuracy of such information?
5. Research which US law might apply in a case like this should it go into the court of law to prosecute the perpetrator of this fake news. How does the particular law impact the evidence gathering process?
6. Submit your assignment. Your work will automatically be checked by Turnitin.
7. Review your Submission Details and access your Turnitin report. Revise your work as needed based on the feedback.
8. By the due date indicated, re-submit the final version of your work.