10 Jun Critique the current Rules of Evidence and supporting legal opinions as to their relationships with curre
Critique the current Rules of Evidence and supporting legal opinions as to their relationships with current technology and societal changes.
Write a 10- to 15-page paper that addresses the following. At your discretion, include answers to 3 of the following but no more than 4.
- Discuss whether or not the criminal justice system could operate without the existence of privileges to evidence. Within this answer, discuss why privileges exist and argue for or against the end of privileges and society’s interest in these rules of evidence. Discuss a minimum of two different privileges within your answer.
- Discuss the use of presumptions as evidence to meet the burden of proof in a criminal case as discussed in County Court of Ulster v. Allen, 442 U.S. 140, 1979. Discuss whether presumptions should be allowed as evidence to convict someone of a crime as a societal standard.
- Discuss the concept of judicial notice. Use at least three case examples of how judicial notice operates and what are the boundaries of what can and cannot be judicially noticed. Include in your answer why judicial notice is needed for effective operation of the court system.
- Discuss the purpose of the rules of evidence. Show the historical development of at least two separate rules and discuss how they have changed over time alongside societal changes. In your answer, argue why the rules should or should not adapt to changing societal norms.
- Discuss the case of Crawford v Washington 541 U.S. 36 (2004) and the implications of this case into how courts look at how this case changed the accepted rule of hearsay admissions versus protecting constitutional rights of a defendant. Explain how the case changed or did not change the court views on accepted rules of evidence versus other protected rights and if this case is a change in legal reasoning or a byproduct of changing societal viewpoints.
NOTE: This assignment will require outside research. Use the textbook and at least two other scholarly resources to support your paper.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.