03 Jan Describe one example each for effective problem-focused, emotion-focused, and biology-focused coping mechanisms and explain why each is effective.? Describe one example each for ineffecti
The Assignment (3–5 page APA-formatted essay)
- Describe one example each for effective problem-focused, emotion-focused, and biology-focused coping mechanisms and explain why each is effective.
- Describe one example each for ineffective problem-focused, emotion-focused, and biology-focused coping mechanisms and explain why each is ineffective.
- Explain two approaches you might use to address the most common ineffective coping mechanisms for the population you selected in Week 3.
- Course Text: Carver, C. S. (2011). Coping. In R. J. Contrada & A. Baum (Eds.), The handbook of stress science: Biology, psychology, and health (pp. 221–229). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
Now with an understanding of how individuals experience stress and learn to cope, and the influence of stress on the body in terms of stress-related and non-stress related disease, please review Chapter 17, “Coping” from the perspective of effective coping mechanisms to manage stress within specific populations.
- Course Text: Rook, K. S., August, K. J., & Sorkin, D. H. (2011). Social network functions and health. In R. J. Contrada & A. Baum (Eds.), The handbook of stress science: Biology, psychology, and health (pp. 123–136). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
- Book Chapter: Chun, C.-A., Moos, R. H., & Cronkite, R. C. (2005). Culture: A fundamental context for the stress and coping paradigm. In Wong, P. T. P., & Wong, L. C. J. (Eds.), Handbook of multicultural perspectives on stress and coping (pp. 29–53). New York, NY: Springer.
Handbook of Multicultural Perspectives on Stress and Coping, 1st Edition by Wong, P.; Wong, L. Copyright 2005 by Springer-Verlag New York, Inc. Reprinted by permission of Springer-Verlag New York, Inc. via the Copyright Clearance Center.
- Article: Bittner, J. G., IV, Khan, Z., Babu, M., & Hamed, O. (2011). Stress, burnout, and maladaptive coping: Strategies for surgeon well-being. Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons, 96(8), 17–22.
Stress, burnout, and maladaptive coping: Strategies for surgeon well-being by Bittner, J.G., Khan, Z., Babu, M., & Hamed, O., in Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons, Vol. 96/Issue 8. Copyright 2011 by The American College of Surgeons. Reprinted by permission of The American College of Surgeons via the Copyright Clearance Center.
- Handout: Laureate Education, Inc. (2012). Coping in a social context. Unpublished document.
- Handout: Laureate Education, Inc. (2012). The focus of coping. Unpublished document.
- Web Resource: Alzheimer’s Association. (2012). Coping. Retrieved from http://www.alz.org/care/alzheimers-dementia-support-help.asp
- Web Resource: National Cancer Institute. (n.d.). Coping with cancer: Supportive and palliative care. Retrieved from http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/coping
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.