Using this scenario, write a 3–4 page paper in which you:
- Determine the steps in the development of an effective entity relationship model (ERM) diagram and determine the possible iterative steps and factors that one must consider in this process, with consideration of the HR core functions and responsibilities of the client.
- Analyze the risks that can occur if any of the developmental or iterative steps of creating an ERM diagram are not performed.
- Select and rank at least five entities that would be required for the development of the data repositories.
- Specify the components that would be required to hold time-variant data for policy enforcement and training management.
- Diagram a possible 1:M solution that will hold salary history data, job history, and training history for each employee through the use of graphical tools. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Plan each step of the normalization process to ensure the 3NF level of normalization using the selected five entities of the personnel database solution. Document each step of the process and justify your assumptions in the process.
- Diagram at least five possible entities that will be required to sustain a personnel solution. (Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.) The diagram should include the following:
- Dependency diagrams.
- Multivalued dependencies.
- The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. Include charts or diagrams created in any chart or drawing tool with which you are familiar. The completed diagrams or charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The library is your home for SWS assistance, including citations and formatting. Please refer to the Library site for all supports. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Create a database using normalization techniques and logical/physical design best practices.