21 Sep Drugs Treating Heart Failure
South Florida Community College Pharmacology Case Study
Case Study, Chapter 29, Drugs Treating Heart Failure
Jerry Stein, 65 years old, has been diagnosed with chronic heart failure (CHF). He is started on multidrug therapy and discharged. He returns to the outpatient clinic 10 days later complaining of blurry, yellowed vision, anorexia, nausea, and “just not feeling right.” Data obtained from the nursing assessment include the following:
• Mild, peripheral edema
• Heart sounds normal, no S3
• Lung sounds have a few scattered crackles but are otherwise clear.
• Vital signs: temperature, 97.8°F; pulse, 56; respirations, 12; blood pressure, 140/90
The patient’s current medication therapy includes digoxin, 0.25 mg PO qd; hydrochlorothiazide, 25 mg PO qd; and captopril, 25 mg PO tid. (Learning Objectives 2, 3, 4, 6, 7)
1. Why is Mr. Stein on these drugs?
2. Are there any contraindications or precautions that would eliminate the use of these drugs for Mr. Stein?
3. Are there any aspects of digoxin’s core drug knowledge that are especially relevant to consider because they may interact with the core patient variables?
4. Which findings from the nursing assessment demonstrate the effectiveness or possible adverse effects from drug therapy?
5. Which findings from the nursing assessment demonstrate possible adverse effects from drug therapy?
6. What teaching is required for Mr. Stein regarding his drug therapy? Do you need any additional data to determine appropriate teaching?
a. Identify the teaching needs and readiness to learn for this client. b. Identify any cultural factors that influence the care for this client.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.