05 Jan ECO365 Week 3 Quiz
ECO365 Week 3 Quiz Week Three Quiz Each Question worth .5 points. 5 points total Student Name: ___________________
1. If a 20% decrease in the price of long distance phone calls leads to a 35% increase in the quantity of calls demanded, we can conclude that the demand for phone calls is:
a. elastic. b. inelastic. c. unit elastic. d. stretchy elastic.
2. Which of the following pairs are examples of substitutes?
.a Popcorn & Pepsi .b Automobiles & Bicycles .c Boats & Fishing Tackle .d Wine & Cheese
3. When we say that a price in a competitive market is “too high to clear the market” we usually mean that (given upward-sloping supply curves).
.a no producer can cover the costs of production at that price .b quantity supplied exceeds quantity demanded at that price .c producers are leaving the industry .d consumers are willing to buy all the units produced at that price
4. Which of the following statements is incorrect? Assume upward-sloping supply curves.
.a If the supply curve shifts left and the demand remains constant, equilibrium price will rise. .b If the demand curve shifts left and the supply curve shifts right, equilibrium price will rise. .c If the supply curve shifts right and the demand curve shifts left, equilibrium price will fall. .d If the demand curve shifts right and the supply curve shifts left, price will rise.
5. What is the definition of an opportunity cost?
6. Economic Profit is
A) Total Revenue – all explicit accounting costs B) Total Revenue – all opportunity costs of all inputs. C) Total Revenue – Normal Profit D) Total Revenue – Average Total Cost
Page 1 eco212r1 ECO365 Week 3
Quiz 7. T/F Returns to Scale in the short run are analyzed by comparing variable inputs to existing fixed inputs.
8. Marginal cost = A) B) C) D) Total Costs divided by total quantity Change in quantity divided by change in costs Change in total costs divided by change in total quantity produced Change in costs divided by total quantity
9. If the total variable cost of 9 units of output is $90 and the total variable cost of 10 units of output is $120, then:
A) the average variable cost of 10 units is $10. B) the average fixed cost of 9 units is $10. C) the marginal cost of the tenth unit is $90. D) the firm is operating in the range of increasing marginal costs.
10. Economists have developed mathematical models generally called “Game Theory” that help explain collusive tendencies in WHAT KIND OF MARKET STRUCTURE? Page 2 eco212r1
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.