09 Jan Evaluate effective leadership theories and strategies for information technology decision-making in real-world situations.
- Evaluate effective leadership theories and strategies for information technology decision-making in real-world situations.
Mike is newly assigned project manager responsible for the implementation of a new online banking system that improves security and automates many functions normally performed by bank-tellers. Mike is new to the project management field and has limited management experience. During Mike’s first in-person meeting with the Bank’s leadership board the following business objectives were provided:
1. Get acclimated with your new team.
2. Determine who would be best suited for each of the following positions; assistant project manager, communications lead, and finance lead.
Mike has never met his new team members but has learned from reviewing their previous performance appraisals that they each bring different experience to the team.
Sally: Highly experienced Information Technology specialist for over 15 years. Sally has worked on several previous projects and is known as a self-starter. She is motivated by achievement, advancement, and recognition.
Joe: Known as an extremely technical engineer that has also made some careless decisions. While Joe is very proficient at his job, he can be difficult to manage and does not do well in a team dynamic. He has recently submitted work after the assigned completion date, and seems to be losing motivation.
Kevin: Very little experience but eager to learn. Kevin wants to please his boss and team mates . He is not confident and spends a lot of time seeking approval. He has a high need for affiliation and feeling connected to his peers.
Because Mike is inexperienced, the board’s leadership has asked him to create a strategy in regards to how he will integrate himself and provide leadership to a newly formed team.
- Create a detailed written recommendation explaining the approach that Mike should take to orient himself with his new team.
- -What should Mike do prior to his first meeting with the team?
- -What would be discussed during the first meeting?
- Explain which team member you would choose for each position (assistant project manager, communications lead, and finance lead) on the team and explain why.
- What leadership style might work best for Mike to lead each team member? What motivational theory would work the best to motivate each individual? List two ways you would motivate each individual.
- The report must be written using Microsoft Word. The body of the recommendation must be 2-3 pages not including the title and reference pages.
Resources (if needed)
- Employing the Right Leadership Style
- Six Leadership Styles for Every Situation
- Motivation and Motivation Theory
Sender notified by
Mailtrack 17/02/21, 06:08:03
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.