09 Jan Financial Reporting and Analysis
Financial Reporting and Analysis
ACCT6351 Fall 2021 *** Warning: The financial ratios presented in the sample projects are different from what required in the current projects. Therefore, you CANNOT directly follow the samples. Some modification is needed. The specific purposes of the projects are: 1. Apply to actual companies the knowledge and analytical techniques learned from our course. 2. Perform vertical and horizontal analysis and various ratios on the financial statements. 3. Compare the calculated results with competitor and across different years. 4. Summarize the analyses and make investment recommendations. You will be analyzing the following firms:
a. Chevron b. Exxon Mobile
Please check the blackboard for the financial statements.
Project The required tasks are detailed below:
(1) Prepare vertical common-size income statements and balance sheets for both companies. Note: Use “Total Sales” and “Total Assets” as the denominators for income statement and balance sheet, respectively. Compute for 2019, 2018, and 2017.
(2) Prepare horizontal analysis on income statements and balance sheets for both companies for 2019 and 2018.
(3) Prepare ratio analyses (for 2019, 2018, and 2017) for both companies. You should include the following ratios in your computations:
• Profitability ratios o Gross Profit margin o Profit margin o Return on assets o Return on equity
• Productivity o Inventory Turnover o Accounts Receivable Turnover o PPE Turnover o Asset Turnover
• Solvency o Debt-to-equity o Times interest earned o Return on Financial leverage
• Liquidity o Current Ratio o Quick Ratio o Operating cash flow to current liabilities o Working capital
(3) Comment on the analytical results of the two companies based on your work in excel.
In addition to contrasting the ratios between the companies, you should interpret the numbers and make suggestions as to why the ratio of one company might be higher/lower than the other.
Note: General discussions of the ratios are given in our textbook, which will help you structure your comments.
(4) Write a conclusive summary on the firms you have studied. Based upon your conclusions, recommend the better performing firm for potential investment. Your conclusions should be based upon, and specifically reference, the analyses prepared in this report.
Report Format Requirements: A. Report body requirements:
1. Cover page. List the title of the project, your name, and semester/year. 2. Main body. Use the following sequence for report content:
a. Introduction to the two companies and to the purpose of the report b. Analytical section. This should include all your numerical analyses. This is where
you will discuss the results of, comments on, and conclusions about, the Common Size, horizontal, and the ratio analyses for both companies. When writing this section, please explain each analysis (purpose/importance), and then discuss the results.
c. Comparisons of companies and all other analysis (observations and/or interpretations). (You may combine b and c if you wish, as long as both are well covered.)
d. Conclusions and recommendation for investment.
3. References. List all major reference sources. 4. Appendices. Include tables and graphs of your numerical analyses. For reference
convenience, assign a title to each separate item, such as Table 1, Exhibit 1, etc.
B. Typesetting requirements:
1. Use size 12 font. Times New Roman is preferred. 2. Double space between lines. 3. Number pages. 4. One inch on all sides.
C. Miscellaneous The total report should be maximum 20 pages. Notes
• Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Evidence of plagiarism will result in a grade of “F” to the course and may be subject to appropriate disciplines.
• A portion of your grade will be assessed based on the overall report quality, clarity,
format, and cohesiveness.
• A FREE RIDER in the group will not be tolerated. However, to report an alleged free rider, you should send me a formal written complaint. You should carefully manage your group over the semester to ensure that no teammate will take the chance of turning into a free rider. Try to contact/manage your teammates frequently and inform me if any member is not willing to participate the group work so we can address this issue ASAP. A free rider will receive his/her group project grades solely based on what he/she has contributed to the projects. If there is a free-rider in your group or a member drops the class, the rest of the group members are still expected to submit a COMPLETE paper.
Financial Reporting and Analysis
ACCT6351 Fall 2021
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.