Find a controversial paper/published research which has influenced your discipline, but which was subsequently questioned. Examples of topics were provided in this week's readings and videos (i.e., Stanford prison experiment; MMR vaccine study; Tuskegee study, etc.).
Complete the following steps for your discussion:
- summarize the study in your own words (don't just copy and paste a summary from the internet or other sources)
- provide enough information on the background, methods, and results for everyone to understand the study
- discuss the study influence (how did this study influence your discipline and/or clinical practice
- discuss critical issues (what issues were raised by the scientific/clinical community regarding the study? was it an ethical or methodological issue?)
- current thoughts (how does the scientific/clinical community and the general public view the issue now?)