16 Jan For the Week 2 Case Study, you will review the following case.??Upon thorough review of the case, you will then answer the 11 questions below: Assume that you recently graduated with a Bachel
For the Week 2 Case Study, you will review the following case. Upon thorough review of the case, you will then answer the 11 questions below:
Assume that you recently graduated with a Bachelor's degree in finance and have just reported to work as a financial investment adviser at the brokerage firm of Willox Financial & Co. Your first assignment is to explain the nature of the U.S. financial markets to Manuel Jones, a professional basketball player who recently came to the US from Mexico. Mr. Jones is a highly ranked basketball player who expects to invest substantial amounts of money through Willox Financial. He is very intelligent; therefore, he would like to understand in general terms what will happen to his money. Your supervisor has developed the following questions that you must use to explain the U.S. financial system to Mr. Jones.
- What are the three (3) primary ways in which capital is transferred between savers and borrowers? Describe each one.
- What is a market? Differentiate between the following types of markets: physical asset markets versus financial asset markets, spot markets versus futures markets, money markets versus capital markets, primary markets versus secondary markets, and public markets versus private markets.
- Why are financial markets essential for a healthy economy and economic growth?
- What are derivatives? How can derivatives be used to reduce risk? Can derivatives be used to increase risk? Explain.
- Briefly describe each of the following financial institutions: investment banks, commercial banks, financial services corporations, pension funds, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, hedge funds, and private equity companies.
- What are the two leading stock markets? Describe the two (2) basic types of stock markets.
- If Google decided to issue additional common stock, and Mr. Jones purchased 100 shares of this stock from Willox Financial, the underwriter, would this transaction be a primary or a secondary market transaction? Would it make a difference if Mr. Jones purchased previously outstanding Google stock in the dealer market? Explain.
- What is an initial public offering (IPO)? Why is it important that Mr. Jones know about this?
- What does it mean for a market to be efficient? Explain why some stock prices may be more efficient than others.
- After your consultation with Mr. Jones, he wants to discuss these two (2) possible stock purchases:
a. While in the waiting room of your office, he overheard an analyst on a financial TV network say that a particular medical research company just received FDA approval for one of its products. On the basis of this “hot” information, Mr. Jones wants to buy many shares of that company’s stock. Assuming the stock market is highly efficient, what advice would you give him and why?
b. He has read a number of newspaper articles about a huge IPO being carried out by a leading technology company. He wants to purchase as many shares in the IPO as possible and would even be willing to buy the shares in the open market immediately after the issue. What advice do you have for him?
- How does behavioral finance explain the real-world inconsistencies of the efficient markets hypothesis (EMH)?
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.