02 May For this project assume that bobcats have a mean birth rate of 0.4 with a standard deviation of 0
For this project assume that bobcats have a mean birth rate of 0.4 with a standard deviation of 0.1 and a mean survival rate of 0.68 with a standard deviation of 0.07. In this model, assume that these demographic parameters follow a normal distribution. Environmental stochasticity can take many forms. For this project it will take the form of a catastrophe which occurs an average of once every 25 years or 4% of the time. These catastrophes affect both the bobcat birth and bobcat survival rates by decreasing both rates by 30% during the year that the catastrophe occurred. For all parts of this project, assume an initial bobcat population of 100.
1. Deterministic. Construct and run a deterministic model for the bobcats using the birth rate of 0.4 and the survival rate of 0.68, but ignoring all random factors. Graph94 2.7 Projects the population over a 20-year period with these parameters and make a table of this information.
2. Demographic Stochasticity. Create a new model using only the demographic stochastic information. Make a graph and a data table with at least 50 runs for 20 years.
3. Environmental Stochasticity. Now construct a model using only environmental stochasticity. Again construct a data table and graph for at least 50 runs of this case for 20 years.
4. Take the data from the 20th year of both stochastic models and, if necessary, export it to a program that calculates statistics. Make histograms and box plots. Make reports of the following summary statistics: mean, median, 25th and 75th percentiles, standard deviation, range, inter-quartile range, minimum, and maximum. Compare the results from these two models.
5. For each model construct a graph with side-by-side box plots for the first 10 years showing the change in distribution over time. Compare both of these models with each other and with the deterministic model.
6. From the work so far, which stochastic effect is more pronounced? Either construct and analyze a model with both demographic and environmental stochastic effects, or argue that the combined effects will not be significantly different from the individual effects so there is no need to complicate the model.
Please do in python.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.