19 Jul Getting Started The focus of this writing exercise remains researching and article analysis. Remember to mak
The focus of this writing exercise remains researching and article analysis. Remember to make good use of the services and resources through OCLS, including a Personalized Search Plan (PSP). The reading for this week focuses on literature reviews. You have likely encountered this component of research in your previous educational pursuits, but the importance and significance of the literature review in a doctoral program should not be underestimated. Locating and becoming acquainted with the body of research that exists on your topic is an essential skill in order to successfully complete this program.
Upon successful completion of this discussion, you will be able to:
- Apply critical thinking in the review of articles.
The work of a literature review can inform a scholar’s entire research project. From past scholarship, researchers often derive and refine key concepts, hypotheses, sampling strategies, analytical techniques, solutions to ethical dilemmas, and other helpful ideas and practices.
Despite their wide-ranging impact, literature reviews are often associated with the introductory sections of a journal article—everything after the abstract and before the methodology section—because that is where scholars summarize prior research and explain how their article will add to it. In these introductory sections, much gets accomplished. Researchers expertly distill key points from the dozens or hundreds of prior studies that they have read; they identify competing perspectives, uncover important contradictions or disagreements that need to be resolved, and show the connections (and disconnects) between disparate studies—studies that may have been conducted decades apart by scholars in different disciplines and subfields. (Harris, 2014, p. 38)
Harris, S. R. (2014). How to critique journal articles in the social sciences. SAGE.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Read Chapter 4 of How to Critique Journal Articles in the Social Sciences.
- Follow the instructions for Exercise 4.2 and 4.3 write a response (300-400 words) explaining your findings of the article searches, locations, and contents. Remember to consider the questions listed in the text as you craft your response.
- Use APA format for all in-text citations and references and Grammarly to ensure your submission is free of writing errors. In addition to the APA-formatted reference, please include the permalink in your post so your instructor and classmates can access your article(s).
- Post your initial response by the end of day 4 of the workshop.
- Read and respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings, as well as any follow-up instructor questions directed at you, by the end of the workshop.
- Your postings are interactions with your classmates and instructor that should facilitate engaging dialogue and provide evidence of critical thinking. For this discussion, focus on the following:
- Extension: Expand the discussion.
- Challenge: Interrogate assumptions, conclusions or interpretations.
- Relational: Make comparisons or contrasts of themes, ideas, or issues.
- Clarification: Provide clarification to classmates' questions and provide insight into the discussion.
APA 7th edition,
Follow the instructions for Exercise 4.2 and 4.3 write a response (300-400 words) explaining your findings of the article searches, locations, and contents.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.