22 Jul HUMAN MICROBIAL DISEASE -Define Pathogen – Define Infectious disease – Define Infection – Define
HUMAN MICROBIAL DISEASE
– Define Infectious disease
– Define Infection
– Define Primary Infection
– Define Secondary Infection
– Define Opportunistic Infection
– Define Accidental Infection
– Define Pathogenicity
– Define Virulence
– Define Virulence Factors
– Define Lethal dose
– Outline the 4 steps a pathogen must complete to cause an infectious disease
– What is the difference between direct and indirect transmission? Provide examples
– What is a common vehicle transmission? Provide examples
– What is the criteria for Airborne transmission? Provide examples
– What are 3 criteria about skin that makes it an effective barrier against microbes?
– What are 3 criteria about mucous membranes that makes it an effective barrier against
– List one example of how a pathogen might penetrate a skin or mucous membrane barrier
– Define Exotoxin and list at least 4 features they have
– Define Endotoxin and list at least 4 features they have
– List an example of a waterborne transmission disease
List an example of a airborne transmission disease
– List an example of a contact transmission disease
– List an example of a vector transmission disease
– Influenza virus has an envelope that contains 2 types of protein spikes. Name and
– Why are spike antigens good at evolving?
– Name 3 characteristics about latent and slow (persistent) Viral Infections
– How are viruses able to bring about cancer cell division?
– Describe the difference between Viruses and Retroviruses in regards to cancer
– What is a vaccination?
– Define Attenuated Vaccines
– Define Inactivated Vaccines
– Define Subunit Vaccines
– Define DNA Vaccines
– Define Cutaneous Mycoses and its effect in humans
THE CONTROL OF MICROORGANISMS
– Define Sterilization
– Define Bactericidal
– Define Bacteriostatic
– Describe sterilization by heat
– Describe sterilization by irradiation
– Describe sterilization by filtration
– What is disinfection?
– List and describe 3 types of disinfectants
– Describe the Kinetics of Cell death
– Draw and describe the kinetics of cell death for any microorganisms.
– Define Antibiotic
– What is a key component of antibiotics?
– Define Infection
– Name 5 antibiotics and the diseases they are typically used for
– Name and describe 6 properties that antibiotics should have
– What are 4 ways that antibiotics work?
– Describe and give an example of disruption of cell membranes as it relates to antibiotics
– Describe and give an example of inhibition of protein synthesis as it relates to antibiotics
– Describe and give an example of inhibition of nucleic acid synthesis as it relates to
– Summarize in 5 sentences resistance to antibiotics
– Provide 5 examples and describe 5 different ways bacteria can be resistant to antibiotics
– Summarize in 5 sentences how bacteria resistance arises
– Describe the pros and cons between broad-spectrum and narrow-spectrum antibiotics in 3
– Define an Antiviral
– Why are antiviral drugs not as common as antibacterial drugs?
– List and provide a example of the 4 ways antivirals work
– Describe how Antifungals work
– List and describe 5 examples of Antifungal agents
– Why is it hard to target Antiprotozoal Agents?
– List and describe examples of Antiprotozoal Agents (At least 3)
– Give a 3 sentence summary on the future of Antimicrobials (in your own words)
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.