10 Jun In this exercise, you will write a two-page professional style letter to your state or federal representa
In this exercise, you will write a two-page professional style letter to your state or federal representative about a current health care issue being discussed in the United States. View Healthy People 2020 – Topic Areas at a Glance on the CDC website. You will select a topic from the list provided.
Step 1: Identify One of Your Representatives
For representatives at the national level, you can find the name and address of the legislators that represent you at the following:
To identify the names and contact information of state and local representatives, visit Common Cause and put in your address.
Step 2: Research Where Your Representative Stands
After choosing your topic and representative, research where your representative stands on your chosen health care issue as well as where the medical profession (professional organizations, practicing medical professionals, patients, and other advocates) stands on the issue.
Use GovTrack.us to look for your chosen representative and do some digging on their position on the topic.
To research where the medical profession stands, you may want to look at the following websites in addition to searching the Strayer Library for publications from specific medical professional groups on the topic.
Step 3: Write the Letter
Once you have identified both your topic from Healthy People 2020 and the representative you will write your letter. Keep in mind this is a business letter and will require specific formatting. You will need to be sure you have the name, date, and address of the representative at the top of the page and include your name and address at the close.
- Take a look a look at some of these sample letters for reference:
In the contents of your letter, please include the following:
- Identify a health care issue that is currently being discussed at the state or national level.
- Summarize your representative's position on your selected health care issue.
- Explain why you agree or disagree with your representative’s position.
- Include data and evidence to align your position from the CDC’s Healthy People 2020 – Topic Areas at a Glance and/or other government agencies.
- Include a title and reference page; these two items should not be included in your total page count. Use two sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Determine if a representative’s position on a health care issue is aligned with personal and current Healthy People goals.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.