11 Jan Introduction to Social Work with Older Adults Lesson 1 Discussion (250 words). Please create a discussion post? Do you have an
Topic 1: Introduction to Social Work with Older Adults
Lesson 1 Discussion (250 words).
Please create a discussion post
Do you have any experience in Social Work and/or working with older adults? If yes, please share some of your experience (s).
What do you hope to learn from this course?
Topic 2: Culture & Meaning/Culture as a Social Construct
Lesson 1 Discussion-2 (250 words).
After reviewing the readings/video, please consider the following in your discussion post.
What are your current perceptions of older adults?
What do you think needs to change regarding society’s view of older adults/aging?
What needs to change about how older adults are cared for in the US?
What are some of the myths about older adults that surprised you?
Please complete the following Implicit Association Test (IAT). You will click on “Take a Test” and then choose the “Age -IAT test.” https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html
Please submit one-page to include the following information.
• What were your thoughts on taking this test?
• What did you learn about any potential bias you may have relating to age?
• Please share any other thoughts.
Approximately one page and include high-quality writing. Please include a title page and double-check all spelling and grammar prior to submitting. Also, please make sure to cite all relevant information and include references as appropriate.
Topic 2- Aging and Wellness
Lesson 2 Discussion-1 (250 words).
Please view the Ted Talk below:
Buetter, D. (2009, September). How to live to be 100. . TED Conferences. https://www.ted.com/talks/dan_buettner_how_to_live_to_be_100/transcript?language=en
After reviewing the above Ted Talk: How to Live to be 100, please consider the following in your discussion post:
What is your perspective on individuals living past 100 years?
If you had the opportunity to meet a Centenarian, what are 5 questions you would ask to better understand this generation?
Did you notice any similarities or differences between the Centenarians from the “Living to 100 Years of Age” video from the 1980s and the Ted Talk above?
How can loneliness and social isolation impact older adults as they age?
Lesson 2 Readings and Videos Resources
Thames Tv. (2021 Feb 15). Living to 100 years of age. . YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ_RVsf90xg
LESSON 2 ASSIGNMENT
Please conduct a 45 minute to 1-hour interview with an older adult (65 or older). You can choose a family member, friend, neighbor, co-worker, etc. Use the following topics as a guide for your interview.
• Information about their childhood and family.
• Any particular ages the person noticed that they were getting older?
• What are 1-2 historical or societal events the person has lived through and how did that impact them?
• What have been some of the biggest changes you have seen in life/society as you have aged?
• What have been the best ages/times of your life so far?
• Do you have any particular goals/hopes for the future?
• How are young people today different from when you were their age?
• What advice/words of wisdom would you give young people to help them prepare for their old age?
• Have you ever experienced any negative attitudes or discrimination because of your age?
• Other topics you feel are relevant.
For this assignment, please submit in 2–3-page using the following outline:
• Summarize your interview.
- How did you feel during the interview?
- What did you learn about this person’s life and their experience with aging?
- Did anything surprise you about the interview or interviewee?
- How did this interview impact your view of older adults?
Approximately 2-3 pages and include high-quality writing. Please include a title page and double-check all spelling and grammar prior to submitting. Also, please make sure to cite all relevant information and include references as appropriate.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.