21 Sep JSM Manufacturing is a small, local company that manufactures personal protective equipment, such as surgical masks, gowns, and face shields. The company relies on a network of suppl
Consider the following scenario:
JSM Manufacturing is a small, local company that manufactures personal protective equipment, such as surgical masks, gowns, and face shields. The company relies on a network of suppliers of raw materials, transportation providers, and for other required products and services. These vendors receive purchase orders from JSM for materials and services, and typically ship directly to JSM’s manufacturing facility. Invoices are sent to JSM’s accounts payable department for payment processing, which receives, verifies, and processes approximately 200 invoices per month.
JSM’s accounts payable department consists of one (1) person who is responsible for verifying the invoices before paying them.
- When the accounts payable clerk receives a batch of invoices, typically in the form of a paper bills in the mail, she sorts them by vendor and purchase order number.
- On Tuesday of every week, the accounts payable clerk meets with the purchasing department to review the bills with the purchase orders to verify the bills were for the correct items at the correct price. JSM purchasing department contacts the vendor to reconcile any differences (either to the purchase order or to the invoice, which would require the vendor to generate another invoice).
- The accounts payable clerk meets with JSM receiving department every Wednesday to verify that the ordered items have indeed been received. The receiving department contacts the purchasing department of any discrepancies, and the purchasing department, in turn, contacts the vendor about the discrepancy. Again, reconciliation would require adjusting the purchase order, invoice, or both.
- Finally, the accounts payable clerk processes the invoice for payment. Payments are always made on Fridays.
- Note that invoices are received throughout the week and are sorted whenever the clerk has time to perform that task.
The process certainly has some issues. Vendors often complain about the length of time it takes for JSM to pay their bills. Also, since the onset of the CoVID-19 pandemic, the demand for JSM’s products has skyrocketed, requiring the company to find more suppliers to meet its demand for more raw materials, resulting in far more invoices arriving at the company every week.
As a result of these issues, JSM has hired you to access the business impact of the situation and see what could be done to improve the overall process.
- Business Process. (15 points)
a. List at least 3 issues with the current process. (10 pts)
b. Explain the impact of the existing process on operational efficiency. (5 pts)
- Diagram the existing Process. (50 points).
a. Using a diagramming tool (Visio, Lucidchart, PowerPoint) model the existing process.
Use swim lanes to show process participants, and separators to show time scales. Remember to submit in PDF format. (50 pts)
3. Metrics (15 points)
a. Identify 3 measurements or metrics that could be put in place to measure the impact of
the existing process on operational efficiency. (15 pts)
4. Process Improvements (20 points).
a. Discuss the changes that could be made to make the process more efficient. (10 pts) b. Explain how information systems could support those changes. Discuss what data the
systems should capture and what decisions the system could improve. (10 pts)
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.