09 Jun Looking From a Theoretical Lens Perspective The language of qualitative research can be confusing. Th
Looking From a Theoretical Lens Perspective
The language of qualitative research can be confusing. The words sound like regular English, but they have very particular meanings. To make the language even more complicated, the definitions can vary across different qualitative methodological scholars.
For the purpose of this course, distinctions between two important concepts should be considered:
- Theoretical framework: the use of constructs and propositions a recognized theory (or theories) to a research problem, purpose, and question.
- Examples: Social Influence theory, transformational leadership theory, game theory
- Conceptual framework: the construction of ideas, assumptions, and beliefs sourced in both the literature and one’s own experience, which identify the main concepts that guide the formulation of the research problem, purpose, and question.
- Examples: Concepts from positive psychology, mindfulness meditation, language development models
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review the Learning Resources related to the use of a theoretical or conceptual framework to guide the examination of a research problem in qualitative research.
By Day 3
Post an explanation of the role of a theoretical or conceptual framework in qualitative research and provide examples from the resources you read. Use proper APA format and citations to support your post.
Ravitch, S. M., & Carl, N. M. (2021). Qualitative research: Bridging the conceptual, theoretical, and methodological (2nd ed.) Sage Publications.
- Chapter 2, “Using Conceptual Frameworks in Research” (pp. 32–61)
- Chapter 3, “Critical Qualitative Research Design” (pp. 62–103)
- “Qualitative Research Design” (focus on pp. 62-63)
Rubin, H. J., & Rubin, I. S. (2012). Qualitative interviewing: The art of hearing data (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Chapter 1, “Listening, Hearing, and Sharing” (pp. 1–11)
- Chapter 2, “Research Philosophy and Qualitative Interviews” (pp. 13–24)
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.