07 Nov Managing an international team will present unexpected challenges. You are in different time zones; you have different schedules; you come from different cultures; and your own commun
Managing an international team will present unexpected challenges. You are in different time zones; you have different schedules; you come from different cultures; and your own communication style may be different from that of members of your team. Success of a geographically distributed team can be fostered by setting expectations that are informed by best practices and the cultures of your team members.
Your company is expanding into a new market and has formed a new team that it would like you to manage. Your manager has sent you this note:
Thank you for taking on this challenge. You have a great team, but they come from very diverse backgrounds. It’ll be up to you to make sure it is a cohesive team that communicates well and collaborates effectively. As you know, at our firm, we feel the management of our teams and human resource management are a strategic advantage for us. I would like you to write an email explaining to me what managerial approaches you will use and how you think your team will function together. Please also include your conference call invitation for your team’s introduction. I would like to review what you are going to send to your team.
For this assignment, you will write an email and introductory conference call invitation as requested by your manager.
Team Member Locations
Your team consists of the following four members from various locations across the globe:
- Kaspar was born in and is based in the country you choose for your course project.
- Kelly was born in and is based in the United States.
- Syed was born in and is based in the United Arab Emirates.
- Nina was born in and is based in Chile.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Write an email to your manager explaining how you plan to manage your team. It should include the following information:
- Cultural considerations for each team member (For the purposes of this assignment, you can assume that each team member represents the average cultural dimensions of an average citizen of the country, and you are encouraged to use the Hofstede Insights: Compare Countries website.)
- Common issues among diverse or global teams and potential conflicts that could occur in your team
- Multiple management approaches you plan to use and why
- A policy for selecting which holidays team members can take off that takes into account cultural considerations
- A determination of whether your team will collaboratively create a team expectations and communication plan or whether you as the manager will do it on your own, explaining your decision
- Create a conference call invitation, including the time of the meeting and agenda, using this Conference Call Invitation Template.
Guidelines for Submission
Submit your email as a 200- to 350-word Microsoft Word document. Submit your conference call invitation by completing the Conference Call Invitation Template. Sources should be cited according to APA style.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.