30 Apr Motivating Employees Overview Imagine that you have been appointed the director of health at th
Imagine that you have been appointed the director of health at the Kaluyu Memorial Hospital in Nairobi, Kenya—a for-profit hospital. The facility is also a referral hospital and receives severe cases of accidents and chronicle and communicable diseases, and it houses an HIV/AIDS ward. As you settle into your position, you realize that the employees always act scared as they approach their superiors. Some of the employees deliver files and leave your office in a hurry.
As you make your routine departmental visits, you realize that there are tensions between nurses and doctors, and there is a sentiment that the nurses tend to do the majority of the work within patient care but the doctors get all the credit. You realize that the employees are always looking forward to the end of their shifts when they can go home. Some employees even come back to work wearing the same unwashed clothes as the previous day. Too many employees are calling in sick, and many of them give weak reasons for their tardiness.
There is also a sense that employees and nurses dominate other employees in similar positions. In meetings and conference calls, some employees are quiet and never participate. You notice that people with families tend to gather and talk quietly on breaks. The new mothers working for the hospital have to use bathrooms to pump breast milk for their infants, and the refrigerators do not work well. Looking at the financial statements of the hospital, you realize that the hospital's expenses are higher than the industry standard, and it makes losses year after year.
Note: You may create or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
As part of your preparation for this assignment, please read the following:
- The Future of Healthcare Leadership.
- Reading: Herzberg's Two-Factor Theory.
- McClelland's Acquired Needs Theory.
- Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.
Write a 4–6 page paper in which you:
- Investigate the major demotivational factors at Kaluyu Memorial Hospital. Assess the level of impact that the identified factors could have on specific areas of service and business if the administration does not address the situation. Support your response with at least two examples of the potential negative impact of the identified demotivational factors on the hospital.
- Read the overviews of the three major motivational theories (Maslow's hierarchy of needs, Herzberg's two-factor theory, and McClelland's acquired needs theory). After reading all three, choose the theory that you think best fits this scenario and defend that choice in your assignment.
- Formulate a communication system that will have the greatest impact on improving the situation, and specify the major reasons why your system will influence the employee behaviors for the better. Justify your response.
- Go to Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to find four recent (within the last five years) quality academic resources for this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as quality academic resources.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.