24 Sep MT302M1 Define How Behavior Impacts Outcomes
MT302M1 Define How Behavior Impacts Outcomes
To receive credit you must complete the competency assessment. You may contact your professor if you have any questions.
This competency assessment (CA) assesses your level of performance on the specific Outcome(s) that are the focus of this module. The CA requires you to demonstrate your knowledge, understanding, and proficiency of the Outcome(s). Be sure to use the other activities in this module prior to attempting the CA. You may attempt the CA multiple times within the term. However, the CA must be completed successfully by the end of the term to earn credit. Refer to your Syllabus for additional information regarding the number of attempts permitted.
Be sure to review the Competency Assessment Rubric to understand the criteria on which you will be evaluated.
Instructors will provide feedback on the CA. If you expect to receive feedback, revise, and resubmit this CA near the end of the term, be sure to follow the guidelines and deadlines for submission in your Syllabus.
Please refer to your Syllabus for additional competency assessment requirements.
Employee Behavior and Job Satisfaction
This competency assessment assesses the following Outcome:
MT302M1-1: Describe the impact of individual behavior on business outcomes.
Good employee engagement is key to an efficient and effective organization. Understanding job attitudes and job satisfaction is imperative to creating a productive organization.
Read the fictional scenario on tab 2, and respond to the checklist items in a 2- to 3-page paper with an additional title page and reference page.
Employee Behavior and Job Satisfaction
Scenario (fictional): The following four employees have different attitudes towards their jobs and different job satisfaction levels, which impact their behavior on the job at this security products company. You are the human resources (HR) director who is concerned with some employees’ behavior at work. Read the following background information on each of the four employees and address all the checklist items.
Employee #1: Marketing product manager: He experiences cognitive dissonance every time his boss tells him he should not worry about the lower end of the market, saying “those people don’t have much buying power,” when the company’s values statement professes caring about the welfare of everyone everywhere. He comes from a blue-collar family and resents his boss’s attitude towards low-income groups. He is frequently late to work because he has to take his two preschoolers to daycare. As a result, his boss has given him a recent warning.
Employee #2: Engineer: She is in a highly visible job developing new products that creates a lot of stress, and she works 10- to 11-hour days, sometimes 6 days a week. She is loyal but feels depressed by the constant, incessant workload. She is starting to look at job openings online in her off hours because her current long hours are starting to affect her marriage and she does not get to see her children, ages 6 and 8, very often during the weekdays.
Employee #3: Loading dock manager: This young representative works the 12 a.m. – 7 a.m. shift. He does what is required but complains in the employee break room about the offices and work conditions when he is on break. His attitude is that he can go elsewhere if things do not improve. The other employees tend to agree with him when he complains. Lately, the distribution supervisor has noted employees’ reduced effort on the shift.
Employee #4: Distribution lead: She is the sole Asian employee in the organization and feels isolated, as though she is just a placeholder versus really making a recognized difference in the organization. The company promotes itself as a diverse organization, which she knows is not true. She feels everyone expects her to fail, and few people engage with her regularly, including her boss.
The four employees have different attitudes and levels of job satisfaction.
• Describe the attitudes and job satisfaction of each of the four employees.
• Categorize and explain the responses the employees have to dissatisfaction based on the reading.
• Explain how each employee’s above attitudes and job satisfaction impact the organization in terms of profit, employee turnover, and affecting other employees’ attitudes.
• Include at least two (2) scholarly* citations with accompanying references regarding attitudes, job satisfaction, and the impact on the organization that support your responses to the checklist item above.
• Explain what each of the managers of the four employees can do to change the employees’ attitudes for the better (referencing at least two of Mintzberg’s managerial roles to explain your response).
• Submit your 2- to 3-page paper with additional title and reference pagesusing current APA format and citation style (see the Learning Resources area for APA assistance) to the competency assessment Dropbox.
*Scholarly sources have been put through a peer-review by experts to ascertain that the content is original, supports any statements or claims with viable research, etc.
Select “Library” under the Academic Tools area. Then select “Limit to: Peer Reviewed” before doing your search on a topic.
Minimum Submission Requirements
• Proper notification of any resubmission, repurposing, or reworking of prior work per the Purdue Global Student Coursework Resubmission, Repurposing, and Reworking Policy Resource.
• Your submission must address all the checklist items.
• This assessment should be a 2- to 3-page Microsoft® Word® (minimum 350 words per page) document, in addition to the title and reference pages.
• Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
• Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful.
• Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, grammar, and mechanics.
• A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references in current APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the Internet for research as appropriate.
• Be sure to include references for all sources and to cite them using in-text citations where appropriate. Your sources and content should follow current APA citation style. Access current APA formatting and citation assistance in the Learning Resources area of this module. You can find additional writing resources within the Academic Success Center.
• Your submission should:
o include a title page;
o be double-spaced;
o be typed in Times New Roman, 12-point font; and
o be free of spelling or punctuation errors.
If the work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned for revision. If the work submitted does not meet the minimum submission requirements by the end of the term, you will receive a failing score.
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University’s Code of Student Conduct, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.