13 Oct National Security and the Constitution Examine how issues of national security influenced the constitutional debate
National Security and the Constitution
Examine how issues of national security influenced the constitutional debate on constitutional rights in the United States after September 11, 2001. Provide specific examples of the strengthening or weakening of individuals’ constitutional rights. It is recommended that your post contain approximately 400 words.
Spohn, C., & Hemmens, C. (2012). Courts: A text/reader (2nd ed.). Sage.
- Section VII: Sentencing
- Section VIII: Beyond Conviction and Sentencing
Baker, N. (2003). National security versus civil liberties.Presidential Studies Quarterly, 33(3), 547-567. Retrieved https://www.thepresidency.org/psq
- The full-text version of this article is available in the ProQuest database in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. A critical evaluation of whether stronger national security necessitates a reduction in civil liberties. .
Donohue, L. K. (2011). The limits of national security (Links to an external site.). American Criminal Law Review, 48, 1573-1756. Retrieved from http://scholarship.law.georgetown.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2027&context=facpub
- Read only pages 1746-1756. This research paper is an examination of the national security threats posed by international, organized crime, and terrorist organizations.
Bierschbach, R. A. (2006). Allocution and the purposes of victim participation under the CVRA.Federal Sentencing Reporter, 19(1), 44-48. Retrieved from http://ucpressjournals.com/journal.php?j=fsr
- The full-text version of this article is available in the ProQuest database in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. This resource provides an analysis detailing the impact of victim’s rights laws on criminal procedure.
Bigornia, A. P. (1994). Habeas corpus—Fifth Amendment—The Supreme Court’s cost-benefit analysis of federal habeas review of allegedMirandaviolations.The Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology, 84(4). Retrieved from http://scholarlycommons.law.northwestern.edu/jclc/
- The full-text version of this article is available in the ProQuest database in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. An in-depth examination of the effectiveness of Miranda warnings and the societal benefits and liabilities of the “prophylactic rule.”
Relyea, H. C. (2002). The law: Homeland security: The concept and the presidential coordination office—first assessment.Presidential Studies Quarterly, 32(2), 397-411. Retrieved from https://www.thepresidency.org/psq
- The full-text version of this article is available in the ProQuest database in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. This article examines constitutional challenges to the increased power of the Executive Branch of government assumed after September 11, 2001.
Sinnar, S. (2013). Protecting rights from within? Inspectors general and national security oversight.Stanford Law Review, 65(5), 1027-1086. Retrieved from http://www.stanfordlawreview.org
- The full-text version of this article is available in the ProQuest database in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. Inspectors general are tasked with oversight of governmental functions. This article examines if these agencies can effectively “police the police” where the congressional and judicial branches of power cede authority to the executive branch.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.