26 Jul Nursing during an epidemic, pandemic or natural disaster across the country or around the globe I have attached a PPT I started and that can be used to continue? -attached the ins
"Nursing during an epidemic, pandemic or natural disaster across the country or around the globe"
-I have attached a PPT I started and that can be used to continue
-attached the instructions as well
The reason why the topic was chosen:
The topic I have chosen to research and explore for the class presentation is "Nursing during an epidemic, pandemic, or natural disaster across the country or around the globe". I felt this was the perfect topic to further dissect given that the field of nursing was just recently hit and is still suffering from a global pandemic. Nursing and the healthcare field as a whole suffered in ways the public has not been made aware of. The pandemic brought with it both positive and negative affects to our field of work. Which is why I have chosen this topic in order to come up with a plan to promote a positive change. Bringing awareness to these issues/changes will involve the need for participation in our local government to fund and support this nursing issue. Solving the trends/issues the pandemic has brought will alleviate the impact it has had on various workplaces. The solutions will be integrated/implemented with the hopes of having a positive affect within clinical settings. This topic is currently relevant which is why as a community we should come together to shed light and bring awareness to its importance. A few things the pandemic has caused is:
-affects on the psychological well-being of nurses
-decreased work flow frequency
-decreased work satisfaction
etc. (Bartzik, Aust, & Peifer, 2021).
Nurse are the healthcare fields front line workers, one of the most essential positions when our world is faced with a (pandemic, epidemic, or natural disaster).
Bartzik, M., Aust, F., & Peifer, C. (2021). Negative effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on nurses can be buffered by a sense of humor and appreciation. BMC nursing, 20(1), 257. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12912-021-00770-5
-SPEAKER NOTES ARE NEEDED FOR EACH SLIDE
NURS 440 PowerPoint Template
Student Name School Course
Faculty Name/Title Date
Directions for Powerpoint 1. Include at least 8-10 slides (NOT including title/reference slides)
2. Add bullet points for each slide 3. Include speaker notes for each slide (4-5 sentences) to address bulleted items
4. APA style & include citations in your speaker notes
5. Minimum of 4-5 peer reviewed articles (within the last 5 years) as references
(do not include: blogs, chat, other university or Wikipedia).
6. USE THE SLIDES THAT FOLLOW AS YOUR TEMPLATE
7. Make sure to add colorful graphics, data, graphs, clip art to engage audience,
Explain why you chose one of the following topics:
1. Nursing during an epidemic, pandemic, or natural disaster across the country or around the globe
2. Social media influences on health or health care delivery
3. The effect of the media on nursing image. How can nurses educate the public and help
portray the true image of nursing?
4. The prevalence and impact of substance abuse among nurses (impaired nursing)
5. Impact of collective bargaining on the nursing profession
6. Impact of workplace harassment and violence on the nursing profession
7. You may select from ONE of the following technological advances and discuss its impact on
1. Telehealth technology
2. Health applications
3. Health-related/electronic wearables
Why The Topic Was Chosen
How The Topic Impacts Nursing Practice
1. Please show how your topic impacts nursing practice and/or patient care 2. How will the topic impact your role as a nurse in the nursing workforce or in the
3. What is the current relevance of your topic 4. How is your topic integrated and used in clinical practice
1. Provide a full description of your topic 2. Describe how your chosen topic is relevant/current to nursing practice 3. Provide a critical analysis supported by evidence based practice that is
credible and timely
Clinical Practice Integration
1. How will the topic impact your role as a nurse in nursing workforce or clinical
2. Current relevance of the topic
3. How your topic is integrated and used in clinical practice
Plan for Lobbying
1. Describe in detail what you would lobby your legislators or local government for funding and support for your chosen current issue or trend.
2. What current or proposed legislation already exists that pertains to your topic?
3. Make insightful, clear and accurate connections to importance of lobbying legislators & government
1. Show insight and comprehensive solutions/conclusions regarding your chosen topic
1. Include at least 4-5 research articles (Use WCU Online Library) 2. References need to be within the last 5 years
3. Do not include: blogs, chats, other universities, Wikipedia
4. Follow APA style
Directions for Submitting your Powerpoint
1. Open your PPT and go to “file” in top left corner. 2. Click “print” option. Make sure "print all slides" and "print slides with notes" is
selected. 3. Go to “Save As” on the left hand side and be sure you save as a PDF. 4. Under your save as selection, click “more options”. Select the “Options” button and
click the “Publish What” pull-down and then select “Notes Pages.” (If you click slides it will not show the speaker notes)
5. Click “OK.” 6. Complete your selection process by checking “Open file after publishing” and
selecting the “Optimize for: ‘Standard’ and ‘Minimum Size’” choices. 7. Click on “Save” next to the “Tools” button at the bottom of the box.
Week 8: Current Issues/Trends Presentation
West Coast University
NURS 440 Issues and Trends in Nursing
Professor Tara Strawn
“Nursing during an epidemic, pandemic, or natural disaster across the country or around the globe”
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.