17 Nov Originally the United States Supreme Court was conceived to be the weakest of the three branches of government. Owing to Marbury v. Madison and the power of judicial review, it has evolv
Originally the United States Supreme Court was conceived to be the weakest of the three branches of government. Owing to Marbury v. Madison and the power of judicial review, it has evolved into a very powerful policy making body. Some in America today lament this. They believe that, because the members of the court are not elected, the court should not have so much say over what the laws should be. Remember, as Pro-Life and Pro-Choice activists continually remind us, the right to an abortion was created by the case of Roe v. Wade in 1973, and the right to an abortion was taken away by the court in 2022. Congress has never passed a law making abortion legal.
What do you think? Is the court too powerful relative to the elected branches of government that represent the people?
MAKE SURE IT IS 8 SENTENCES
LAB 7 PART B ASSIGNMENT 2
WATCH VIDEO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3b9ArupXZg to answer questions
1. Explain two structural ways DNA and RNA are different.
2. How is base-pairing different in RNA and DNA?
3. If one nucleotide were transcribed incorrectly or omitted, how would it affect the overall structure of the protein? Create an example sequence of mRNA and proteins (using the codon chart) to demonstrate.
- Head over to https://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/basics/txtl/
- Complete the tutorial of transcribing and translating a gene
- Take a screenshot or photo at the end of transcription and the end of translation. You will turn these in at the end of the lab.
ANSWER QUESTIONS WHILE COMPLETING ACTIVITIES FOR PART 2
- Were both pieces of DNA used during transcription?
- How is the mRNA molecule built?
- What happens to the mRNA once it has been completed?
- What organelle catalyzes the peptide bonds between amino acids?
- How would you describe the sequence of bases on the mRNA compared to those on the tRNA?
- What happens to the tRNA molecules after their amino acid that was attached to them has been added to the growing polypeptide?
LAB 9 PART A
WATCH VIDEO AND ANSWER QUESTIONS
- Define "mutation."
- Is the following statement true or false? Justify your answer in 1-2 sentences: "Mutations are caused by selective pressure in the environment."
- Why did the dark colored mice living on dark lava flows have white underbellies?
- Is the following statement true or false? Justify your answer in one or two sentences: “The same mutation could be advantageous in some environments but deleterious in others.”
- Is the following statement true or false? Justify your answer in one or two sentences: “The appearance of dark colored volcanic rock caused the mutation for black fur to appear in the rock pocket mouse population.”
- Explain how the environment plays a role in changing the frequency of an allele.
- As you saw in the film, rock pocket mice evolved to have dark-colored fur in certain habitats. In three to five sentences, explain how this trait increased in frequency in the population. Include the following key terms: “fitness” (or “fit”), “survival” (or “survive”), “selection” (or “selective”), and “evolution” (or “evolve”).
- Near the end of the video Dr. Nachman collected and compared dark mice from two different lava flows. Explain how this comparison demonstrated that mutations are random, but natural selection is not.
- Imagine a scenario where the rock pocket mice living on a lava flow become physically isolated from those living on the desert sand by a river or a canyon. This would mean there are two geographically separate populations with no gene flow Links to an external site.between the two. What would happen to these two populations after a long period of time?
- Did the individual mice evolve? Explain.
Watch the video above about the ESA and answer the following questions in your lab notebook
- Who was the president in 1973 and signed the ESA into law?
- What caused the population decline of the bald eagle about 10 years prior to the ESA becoming law?
- Is the bald eagle still listed as endangered? How many pairs of bald eagles were there in 2007?
- What other species was brought back from the brink of extinction? Describe what caused this species to decline, and how it was brought back.
- Think about it & dig deeper: What competing interests do federal agencies like the US Fish and Wildlife have to work with and take into account when establishing habitat preserves for endangered species? What other purposes could that land serve?
Answer the following questions in your lab notebook
- Why is it important to have international regulations for protecting endangered species?
- How would allowing a market for elephant ivory in the United States, for example, endanger this species?
- For those of us living in the United States, why would it matter if species in other continents or other countries are allowed to go extinct?
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.