30 Apr Overview You are the controller of a public F
You are the controller of a public Fortune 500 airline, TransGlobal Airlines. The airline utilizes a fleet of corporate jets for private charter by Fortune 500 clients at several major airports. The company is looking to acquire smaller aviation firms as part of an overall growth strategy.
In addition to creating an acquisition proposal, the CFO has asked you to create a report recommending a few performance-improvement strategies so that the company will meet your overall sustainability goals.
Create a report to recommend performance-improvement strategies that will help TransGlobal Airlines be more sustainable. Specifically, you must address the following criteria:
- Use the TransGlobal Airlines Information document to identify a strategic goal for the company’s sustainability practices.
- Based on your understanding and research about sustainability objectives and practices, where do you envision the company will be in 10 years with respect to its sustainability measures?
- Identify a KPI and corresponding target measures for the sustainability goal identified.
- Recommend at least two performance improvement strategies that will help achieve the sustainability objectives of the company. Support your recommendations with a clear cause-and-effect rationale.
Guidelines for Submission
In a Word document, use double-spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. This executive summary should be 2–3 pages in length and include references cited in APA format. Consult the Shapiro Library APA Style Guide for more information on citations.
MBA 620 TransGlobal Airlines Information
Location, Size, and Age of the Firm
• Name: TransGlobal Airlines • Home Country: USA • HQ Location: Miami, FL • Size: 40,000 employees • Age: began operations in 1951
Customer Segment and Target Market
• Class: global airliner with dominant U.S. presence • Market: global • Destinations: 242 destinations serving 52 countries across six continents • Market segment: first class, luxury, business class, and economy • Global market share: 18% (ranked 2nd, American is number one at 18.6%) • U.S. market share: 18.3% (ranked 2nd, Southwest first at 19.1%) • Retention: 80% return customers • New customer growth: 27% annually (prior to COVID) • Passenger kilometers: 278 billion (American is number one at 287 billion)
All international and domestic U.S. airlines
Publicly held with a board, president, VP admin, CEO, CFO, COO, VP sales, division VPs, subsidiaries
• Annual gross revenues: $20.683 billion • Annual net income: $2.099 billion • Adjusted earnings per share of $3.22, a 28% increase year-over-year • Delivery of 88 new aircraft during the year • Number of aircraft in fleet, end of period: 1,062 • Average age of aircraft: 13 years • Domestic revenue grew 7.7% in the last quarter on 1.6% higher passenger unit revenue (PRASM)
and 6% higher capacity. Domestic premium product revenue grew 11% and corporate revenue grew 6%, driven by strength in business and leisure demand through the holiday period. Revenue and margin improved in all domestic hubs, with revenue up 10% in coastal hubs and 6% in core hubs.
• Atlantic revenue grew 0.8% in the last quarter on 2.4% higher capacity and a 1.6% decline in PRASM, driven almost entirely by foreign exchange rates.
• Latin revenue grew 6.7% on a 6.3% increase in unit revenue and 0.4% higher capacity. This revenue improvement was driven by continued double-digit unit revenue growth in Brazil and Mexico.
• Pacific revenue was down 0.5% vs. the prior year on a 4.4% decline in unit revenue primarily due to continued softness in China. This was a 3.2 point improvement vs. the September quarter on improved trends in Japan.
Strategic Plans and Goals
The board of directors has recently approved a comprehensive plan identified as TransGlobal 2030. The plan is the result of eight months of data collection, customer focus groups, leadership retreats, and employee input. The TransGlobal 2030 vision is to lead the industry in three critically important areas: safety, excitement, and stewardship (SES). This SES vision has been translated into a collection of guiding principles and goal statements:
• SES Principles o We will always treat our customers with respect. o We will value our employees and business partners. o We will innovate to provide our customers with the most forward-thinking and exciting
travel experience. o We will build lifelong relationships with our customers. o We will protect our planet.
• SES Goals o Safely re-introduce and promote the MAX 737 aircraft1. o Expand the fleet of regional aircraft with capacities below 70. o Upgrade the reservation and ticketing experience, including smartphone apps and
integration with apps associated with lodging, ground transportation, and attractions. o Achieve top-10 status in the 2030 World’s Best Workplaces rankings (currently not ranked in
top 100). o Reach net-zero carbon footprint by 2075. o Accelerate adoption of fuel-efficient aircraft and alternative fuels. o Expand use of carbon offset measures. o Improve our Airlines.com safety rating from 5 stars to 7 stars. o Build brand awareness and customer loyalty. o Address workplace inequities and build an inclusive culture. o Train every employee in the basics of FAA’s SAS (Safety Assurance System) via 2-hour web-
based training. 1 The popular 737 aircraft has been the subject of considerable controversy and safety concerns worldwide.
ASSETS (in millions)
Current Assets Cash and cash equivalents: $1,268
• Accounts receivable: $1,256 • Fuel inventory: $321 • Expendable parts and supplies inventories, net: $229 • Prepaid and other expenses: $559 • Total current assets: $3,629
• Property and equipment: $13,776 • Operating lease right-of-use assets: $2,476 • Goodwill: $4,304 • Identifiable intangibles: $2,272 • Cash restricted for airport construction: $280 • Other noncurrent assets: $1,657 • Total other assets: $24,765
Total assets: $28,394
LIABILITIES AND STOCKHOLDERS' EQUITY
Current Liabilities • Current maturities of long-term debt: $806 • Finance leases: $200 • Current maturities of operating leases: $352 • Air traffic liability: $2,251 • Accounts payable: $1,437 • Accrued salaries and related benefits: $1,628 • Loyalty program deferred revenue: $1.416 • Fuel card obligation: $ 324 • Other accrued liabilities: $474 • Total current liabilities: $8,888
• Long-term debt: $3,000 • Finance leases: $904 • Pension, postretirement Related benefits: $3,719 • Loyalty program deferred revenue: $1,544 • Noncurrent operating leases: $2,329 • Deferred income taxes: $641 • Other noncurrent liabilities: $610 • Total noncurrent liabilities: $12,747 • Total liabilities: $21,635
Stockholders' equity: $6,759 Total liabilities and stockholders’ equity: $28,394 Margins
• Operating margin: 14.08% • Net profit margin: 10.14% • Operating cash flow margin: 41.7% • Debt to equity: 3.20 • ROE: 31.04% • ROA: 7.39% • Receivables turnover: 16.47% • Aircraft capacity: 98% • Current ratio: 0.408
• Quick ratio: 0.2839
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.