07 Nov Please choose one of the following questions to discuss: Many people adopt children, and studies indicate that there are similarities among adoptive families. Some researchers are
Please choose one of the following questions to discuss:
- Many people adopt children, and studies indicate that there are similarities among adoptive families. Some researchers are concerned that these similarities will enhance genetic differences among adopted children, and thus impact the results of adoption studies. What impact may be expected by adoptive family similarity and why would this affect studies that compare environmental and genetic influences?
- Research has demonstrated that Alzheimer's disease is more likely to occur in individuals with two E4 alleles that in individuals with one or two of the E2 or E3 alleles (Huang et al., 2011). Discuss another example of how different allele variation influences a particular disease or disorder (e.g., long allele on serotonin transporter associated with increased risk for MDD).
Huang, Y., Zheng, L., Halliday, G., Dobson-Stone, C., Wang, Y., Tang, H. D., … & Wang, J. H. (2011). Genetic polymorphisms in sigma-1 receptor and apolipoprotein E interact to influence the severity of Alzheimer's disease. Current Alzheimer research, 8(7), 765-770.
Examples (note- there are MANY more):
- BDNF Val66Met Polymorphism
- Serotonin transporter 5-HTTLPR polymorphism
- 5-Hydroxytryptamine 1A Receptor Gene polymorphism
- Oxytocin receptor gene polymorphism (rs2254298)
- Interleukin‐1 gene polymorphism
Complete the following readings from your textbook: Freberg, L. (2019). Discovering Behavioral Neuroscience: An Introduction to Biological Psychology (4th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning, Inc.
- Chapter 5: Genetics and the Development of the Human Brain
In addition, read the following article:
- Taber-Thomas, B. C., Asp, E. W., Koenigs, M., Sutterer, M., Anderson, S. W., & Tranel, D. (2014). Arrested development: early prefrontal lesions impair the maturation of moral judgment. Brain, 137(4), 1254-1261. Taber-Thomas, B. C., Asp, E. W., Koenigs, M., Sutterer, M., Anderson, S. W., & Tranel, D. (2014). Arrested development: early prefrontal lesions impair the maturation of moral judgment. Brain, 137(4), 1254-1261. – Alternative Formats
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.