12 Jan Psychology Discussion 2
In this discussion, you will consider social interaction, including aggression and prosocial behavior as well as attraction and relationships.
First, select a book, play, television show, movie, etc., that contains adequate social interaction illustrating both a friend or romantic relationship and an example of aggression or prosocial behavior. Provide necessary information such as the general plot and key characters for the class to understand if they are not familiar with the source. Then, complete the following:
- Interpret a depicted voluntary (i.e., friend or romantic) relationship from a social psychological perspective. Point out specific examples to illustrate the following:
- Which of the various factors in attraction are present in this relationship?
- Is the relationship based on friendship or love? If love, what type of love is portrayed?
- Examine a scenario from the source you selected that illustrates either aggression or prosocial behavior.
- Identify specific course concepts in your analysis, pointing out relevant theory and research. Note that you must utilize at least one relevant scholarly source in addition to your textbook for this portion of the discussion.
- Examine research that examines a possible source of aggression (e.g., the media, weapons, alcohol, environmental factors, etc.). Give specific examples.
- Explain why this particular variable is/is not harmful. How does this theory/research apply to the scenario you described?
- Prosocial Behavior:
- Examine research on prosocial behavior, predicting who will help whom, when, and why (e.g., empathy, cultural norms, gender, religiosity, etc.).
- Assess whether this information might be useful in reducing aggression/violence. How does this theory/research apply to the scenario you described?
- For both of the above (attraction and aggression/prosocial behavior),
- Distinguish situational factors that may influence social relations (attraction, aggression, prosocial behavior, etc.).
- Discuss the impact of social and cultural differences on social relations (attraction, aggression, prosocial behavior, etc.).
To fully demonstrate content knowledge and critical thinking, in your Social Relations discussion,
- Interpret course concepts explicitly, applying them to your personal experiences/observations, and cite the required readings as appropriate.
- Be thorough and specific, structuring your work intentionally (with an introductory and concluding sentence or two), providing clear context, and concisely and precisely explaining relevant course concepts.
- Use personal examples to illustrate as appropriate, but do be sure to provide an objective analysis too, referencing required materials and using additional sources as needed to support your insight.
- Use your own Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) and apply in-text citations appropriately throughout your post.
- Review APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) for more information.
- Your original post should be a minimum of 300 words.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.