10 Jun Question 11.4 PointsThe B-lymphocyte Is thymus derived. Matures in the thymus gland in a
- Question 11.4 PointsThe B-lymphocyte
- Is thymus derived.
- Matures in the thymus gland in all birds and mammals.
- When activated will divide and form specialized plasma cells which produce antibodies.
- Engages in a spectrum of immune functions characterized as cell-mediated immunity.
- Question 21.4 PointsThe absence of hemolysis on a blood agar plate is referred to as _______ hemolysis
- Question 31.4 PointsMicrobial resistance to drugs is acquired through
- All of these answers contribute
- Question 41.4 PointsThe field of study in which medicine and microbiology intersect is known as medical microbiology
- Question 51.4 PointsAll of the following are methods that can be used to isolate bacteria from a mixed culture EXCEPT
- Streak plating
- Loop dilution pour plating
- Gram staining
- Serial dilution followed by spread plating
- Question 61.4 PointsThe progeny cells of a B cell clone are called
- Activated macrophages.
- Sensitized T cells.
- Bursa cells.
- Plasma cells.
- Question 71.4 PointsMannitol salt agar is used to select strains of staphylococci from streptococci and enterococci within the sample.
- Question 81.4 PointsBefore attempting to identify an unknown bacterial species using traditional methods, the organism must be isolated in a pure culture.
- Question 91.4 PointsNatural passive immunity involves the passing of antibodies from mother to infant and acts immediately but is short-lived.
- Question 101.4 PointsKey historical discoveries leading to the field of medical microbiology include all but which of the following:
- Koch’s postulates
- Lister’s development of aseptic technique
- Mendel’s principles of genetics
- Leeuwenhoek’s discovery of animalcules under the microscope
- Question 111.4 PointsAny clear zone of inhibition around an antibiotic disc being used for identification is a clear indication that the organism is sensitive to the antibiotic.
- Question 121.4 PointsA vaccine that contains a protein conjugated to a capsule polysaccharide is called
- Question 131.4 PointsFive classes of antibodies include
- IgG, IgA, IgM, IgD, and IgE
- IgA, IgB, IgD, IgE, and IgM
- IgB, IgC, IgD, IgE, and IgM
- IgG, IgB, IgM, IgD, and IgE
- Question 141.4 PointsThe _________ test involves using rabbit plasma as a reagent and its results are determined by observation of thickening of the medium.
- Question 151.4 PointsThe majority of white blood cells in circulation include
- Neutrophils and lymphocytes.
- Eosinophils and basophils.
- Question 161.4 PointsCharacteristics of an ideal antimicrobial drug include all EXCEPT
- Toxic to the specific microbe but nontoxic to the host
- Readily delivered to the site of infection
- Does not lead to the development of antimicrobial resistance
- Easy to administer but able to reach the infectious agent anywhere in the body
- All of the answers are correct
- Question 171.4 PointsInfections that are more common during pregnancy include all the following EXCEPT
- Urinary tract infections
- Question 181.4 PointsHow do you determine the species of an unknown bacterium?
- You should make a careful investigation of the morphology of the bacterial cells using a microscope to make a firm identification.
- You need to quantify the number of bacteria in the same to determine the species.
- Identification can only be made based on the patient’s signs and symptoms.
- You use standard tests and pre-existing knowledge to classify the bacterium.
- Question 191.4 PointsType I hypersensitivities include
- Hay fever
- Hemolytic disease of newborns
- Celiac disease
- Graft rejection
- Question 201.4 PointsA vaccine that contains living, non-virulent strains of a microbe is called
- Question 211.4 PointsThe composition of a person’s microbiome may have an important influence on the occurrence of autoimmune disorders.
- Question 221.4 PointsWhich test uses a medium that is both selective and differential for gram-negative lactose fermenters and non-lactose fermenters?
- MacConkey agar
- Mannitol salt agar
- Coagulase test
- Bile esculin hydrolysis
- Question 231.4 PointsThe least numerous of all white blood cells that release histamine during inflammation and allergic reactions are
- Question 241.4 PointsMedical Microbiology includes all but which of the following
- Question 251.4 PointsThe specificity of an antibody is due to
- The constant portions of the H and L chains.
- The L chains.
- The variable portions of the H and L chains.
- Its valence.
- The H chains.
Do you have additional content?
You can add text, images, and files that support your answers.Add Content
Details & Information
- Assessment due date6/13/21, 11:59 PM (CDT)
- Time limit50 minutes Automatic submission
- Attempts1 attempt left
GradingMaximum points35 pointsDescriptionActivity Time: 50 minutes; Additional Time for Study, Research, and Reflection: 1 hour and 40 minutes
50 minutes remaining
Save and Close Submit
50 minutes remaining
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.