Read the article linked below, which lists and describes actionable best practices to improve equity and inclusivity in the workplace. Discuss your personal experience with business communication and discuss possible ways to approach communicating in different mediums of communication or when discussing different topics. Answer the questions below; each prompt should be answered with at least a paragraph.
Paragraph 1 Actionable Best Practices
- Name the actionable practice you selected.
- Explain how this practice could help improve professional communications in general.
Paragraph 2 Personal Experience with Business Communication
- Describe the least professional business communication you received and why?
- Explain what you would change to make it more professional. Consider suggesting best practices.
Paragraph 3 Ways to Approach Communication
- Describe your approach to communications depending on the medium. Mediums include Teams, Slack, email, Zoom, and other technology.
- Explain how your approach to client communication might differ based on topics, such as tax planning for a long-time client versus gathering information from a new client.
When responding to your peers, acknowledge a statement that resonates with you in their personal experience and ask a question about their approach.
Your active participation in the discussions is essential to your overall success this term. Discussion questions will help you make meaningful connections between the course content and the larger concepts of the course. These discussions give you a chance to express your own thoughts, ask questions, and gain insight from your peers and instructor.
For each discussion, you must create one initial post and follow up with at least two response posts.
For your initial post, do the following:
- Write a post of 1 to 2 paragraphs.
- In Module One, complete your initial post by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. Eastern.
- In Modules Two through Eight, complete your initial post by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. of your local time zone.
- Consider content from other parts of the course where appropriate. Use proper citation methods for your discipline when referencing scholarly or popular sources.
For your response posts, do the following:
- Reply to at least two classmates outside of your own initial post thread.
- In Module One, complete your two response posts by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. Eastern.
- In Modules Two through Eight, complete your two response posts by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. of your local time zone.
- Demonstrate more depth and thought than saying things like “I agree” or “You are wrong.” Guidance is provided for you in the discussion prompt.