25 Nov Read the following statement from Chandra Morris, a pet shop employee: I love working at the pet shop?mostly. I enjoy what I
Read the following statement from Chandra Morris, a pet shop employee:
I love working at the pet shop—mostly. I enjoy what I do, but I do not look forward to coming to work when I’m scheduled to work the same shift as Jay. Jay goes around as if nothing is ever wrong and nothing has to be done on time. Yesterday, I arrived at work at 8:00 a.m. to get things organized for our opening at 10:00 a.m. Jay was supposed to be here at 8:00 a.m., but he didn’t show up until 9:15 a.m. We’re supposed to clean cages and feed and water the animals. Every morning, I end up cleaning the cages by myself. Jay said it was too early in the morning for him to deal with animal droppings. He says he’ll get around to it later, once he wakes up. I asked him if he could start filling food and water bowls while I finished cleaning cages. To my surprise, he actually started filling the bowls. At 9:30 a.m., the phone rang, and Jay answered it. We’re not supposed to answer the phone until after 10:00 a.m. as the message system clicks in to tell people our hours of operation, but it was Jay’s girlfriend. After he talked for about 15 minutes, I asked Jay if he would hurry up and feed the animals as we were about ready to open the store. He said not to worry about it, that it would get done.
I should have known better. As I opened the doors at 10:00 a.m., the customers started to come in. Jay got off the phone, but he didn’t finish his duties. I proceeded to answer the customers’ questions and work the cash register until my shift was over at 4:00 p.m. I’ve asked Jay if he ever worries about losing his job because of the lack of effort, and his responses have included, “What? Me worry? No way!” and “Don’t sweat the small stuff. Everything works out in the end.”
I’ve talked with the other employees, and they have expressed the same concern. During the week, there are only two of us on duty, so we have to work as a team to get everything done. I have lots of responsibility, including opening and closing the store, but no authority. I’ve reported my concerns to the owner, Aaron Minnick, but he only says, “Figure out a way to work together.” I’m starting to feel like the Lone Ranger. It’s always the same thing: Every time I’m scheduled to work with Jay, I end up carrying the entire load.
- Each group member will perform independent research and come up with at least three sources that provide information on how to address employees who fail to carry their portion of the team's load. Your group will compile each member’s 3 sources in a Reference List at the end of your submission using APA style.
- Within your group, have a group Discussion to present individual research and review/respond to each student's research/recommendations – to cope/address an issue with someone like the dead-weight. Everyone is expected to actively participate in your Group's Discussion. Select a member of your group to draft the highlights from your Discussion to include on your group's submission. This is the written document you will submit for this assignment. Make sure everyone reviews and agrees to the quality of this section of your submission.
- After reviewing the research findings and discussing the possible courses of action; as a team, decide how Chandra Morris should deal with Jay—the dead-weight. Include your agreed upon action in your group's submission.
- As a group, discuss and evaluate the role of the leader (owner – Aaron Minnick) in getting members of the team to play the game so that all can be winners. Include your group's evaluation in your submission.
- How does this exercise increase your working knowledge of coping with the behaviors of this type of difficult personality? All group members are expected to answer this question individually, which should be included in your submission.
- If you have not already done so, review Chapter 11 before completing this section:
- As a group, develop a 5-question employee engagement survey.
- Provide your rationale for including each question. What specific attitudes/behaviors does each question attempt to measure?
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.