03 Apr Research shows that the demographic makeup of the United States will shift considerably over the ne
Research shows that the demographic makeup of the United States will shift considerably over the next thirty years. However, the demographic composition of the United States government is not representative of these changes.
For this discussion, review the Paul Taylor’s article The Next America (Links to an external site.), https://www.pewresearch.org/next-america/#Two-Dramas-in-Slow-Motion which presents statistics to show how the gender, racial, ethnic, and age composition of the United States is expected to change over the next few decades. Also review the Pew Research Center’s report America’s Changing Religious Landscape (Links to an external site.). https://www.pewforum.org/2015/05/12/americas-changing-religious-landscape/ These resources will give you an overview of the demographic composition of the United States and over time.
Next, review Congressional Demographic (Links to an external site.) https://thesocietypages.org/graphicsociology/2012/10/10/congressional-demographics/ (for an audio version click here (Links to an external site.)) and this Washington Post article (Links to an external site.) https://thesocietypages.org/graphicsociology/2012/10/10/congressional-demographics/ to review the demographic composition of the United States Congress.
After reviewing the resources above, address the following:
- Describe the following:
- The current racial, gender, and religious composition of the United States.
- How these demographics are expected to change in coming decades.
- The racial, gender, and religious composition of the United States Congress.
- Compare the demographics of the United States population and the United States Congress by summarizing any similarities and/or differences.
- What are the potential consequences of the demographic composition of Congress not matching the demographic composition of its citizens? In other words, what problems may occur if the makeup of the members of Congress does not match the racial, gender, and religious makeup of the citizens?
For additional assistance with this part of the question, please review the following resources:
- Read the article The Uneven Presence of Women and Minorities In America’s State Legislatures – And Why It Matters (Links to an external site.) https://thesocietypages.org/ssn/2012/11/12/minority-representation/
- Listen to this podcast (Links to an external site.) https://thesocietypages.org/officehours/2016/03/02/lois-lee-on-recognizing-the-non-religious/ discussing the social science implications of a non-religious identity
- Or read one of these articles: Lois Lee on Non-Religion (Links to an external site.) http://www.religiousstudiesproject.com/podcast/podcast-lois-lee-on-non-religion/ or The Nonreligious are Britain’s Hidden Majority (Links to an external site.)
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or scholarly resources, and properly cite any references
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.