21 Jul Riverbend City: Communication and Organizational Effectiveness
Write a 4-5 page analysis and a response e-mail to address a growing controversy depicted in the Riverbend City: Communication and Organizational Effectiveness scenario.
While communication (or lack of it) can often cause workplace conflict, it can also be the solution for addressing it. Knowing how to communicate in increasingly stressful environments is a skill that will serve you well both professionally and personally.
Responding effectively to a situation rife with conflict requires a variety of communication techniques. In this assessment, you will analyze and respond to a growing controversy depicted in the Riverbend City: Communication and Organizational Effectiveness scenario by writing a team communication and subsequently analyzing your approach to devising it.
Explore Riverbend City: Communication and Organizational Effectiveness.
Imagine you just came back from lunch and found the email string regarding the proposed EOC staff meeting related in the scenario. It’s your plan to address the situation, and it’s your intent to do it in a single email that demonstrates leadership and a keen understanding of the issue, participants, and their associated dynamics.
Complete both parts of this assessment.
Part 1: Analyze Your Approach to the Issue
Describe your approach to constructing your email.
• Describe possible causes for the caustic exchange depicted in the email chain. Consider possible core organizational issues. State any assumptions that you might need to make regarding the scenario to support your assertions.
• Justify why your message would likely be effective. Consider content, tone, style, et cetera.
• Explain your intent for how your message might impact future communications and actions among team members.
Part 2: Write a Response Email
Write an email that effectively addresses the email chain. It should:
• Properly consider the audience, your position, and the circumstances.
• Articulate a well-conceived solution to the problem.
• Effectively end the thread completely and de-escalate the tension.
• Send a message that this exchange was “sub-optimal.”
The assessment is expected to meet the following requirements:
• Font: Times New Roman, 12 point.
• Length: 4–5 pages, double spaced.
Portfolio Prompt: You should consider adding this assessment to your personal ePortfolio. For more information, visit the Campus ePortfolio page.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
• Competency 1: Analyze business communication situations.
• Describe possible causes for the caustic exchange depicted in the email chain.
• Explain why a message would likely be effective.
• Competency 2: Apply fundamental principles of organizational communication.
• Write an email that meets specified criteria.
• Competency 3: Analyze the interrelationships of communication within organizational systems.
• Describe likely core organizational issues that were exposed by the original email.
• Describes how a message might plausibly affect future communications and actions among team members.
• Competency 5: Communicate effectively and professionally.
• Convey clear meaning with grammar, usage, word choice, and mechanics.
Conflict occurs in all types of communication, whether the communication is among family, friends, or business partnerships. Therefore, it is important to understand conflict and the causes that create the conflict. Understanding how to effectively communicate with those with whom we are experiencing conflict can reduce the conflict and lead to positive outcomes.
• Kelly, S., & MacDonald, P. (2019). A look at leadership styles and workplace solidarity communication. International Journal of Business Communication, 56(3), 432–448.
• This article explores the outcomes of upward and downward communication channels within organizations.
• Embrace conflict. (2017). Hawaii Business, 63(1), 64–70.
• This article considers the importance of effective communication and how conflict can lead to problems if it is not addressed properly.
• Williamson, J. E. (2017). Managing workplace conflict in CS and beyond. Healthcare Purchasing News, 41(7), 38.
• This article explores how a lack of communication among organizational members can cause friction that then erupts into conflict.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.