07 Jan The role of the judge in the common-law tradition differs from the role of the judge in the civil-law
1. T or F: The role of the judge in the common-law tradition differs from the role of the judge in the civil-law tradition in that judges from the common law tradition have more discretion than under civil-law traditions.
7. The Supreme court has tended to use its power of judicial review
a) against acts of congress only about ten times b)frequently against both state legislation and against acts of congress. c) much more frequently against acts of congress than against acts of state legislatures. d) much more frequently early in American history than in recent generations. e) sparingly.
8. The characteristics that help determine which court has jurisdiction over a case include all of the following EXCEPT
A) the involvement of federal statutes, treaties, or the constitution b) the expressed wishes of the president c) the parties to the case d) where the case arose e) the nature of the offense involved
9. T or F: A writ of certiorari is an order by the supreme court to a lower court to rehear a case
10. Which of the following is NOT an influence on supreme court decision-making?
a) direct lobbying by interest group representatives. b) public opinion c) the justices' view of the constitution and how literally it should be taken d) the executive branch e) their relationships with each other
19. which case law was the precedent before Brown v BOARD OF Topeka, Kansas?
a) Plessy v Ferguson b) Marbury v Madison c) Gibbons v Ogden d) Dred Scott 1857 e) Engel v Vitale 1963
20. T or F : the current status of the right to counsel in criminal trials is in many places the right to counsel is complied with on a minimal basis.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.