04 Aug Select appropriate nursing interventions for clients with disorders of the urinary system.
PRN1409 Section MHPA2A0Z Client-Centered Care III (11 Weeks) – Fully on Campus – 2022 Summer Quarter
Module 02 Case Study – Renal Trauma
Module 02 Case Study – Renal Trauma
Module 02 Content
- PurposeTo use critical thinking and data collection to recognize and report complications that may impact the morbidity and mortality of clients who have sustained a traumatic insult to the urinary tract while functioning within the LPN scope of practice
CompetencySelect appropriate nursing interventions for clients with disorders of the urinary system.
InstructionsRead the scenario below, and answer the questions. When you see a that means a clue.
The StoryIt is Friday the 13th and a full moon. You are an LPN that normally works on a medical-surgical unit, but your unit is overstaffed, and the emergency department is short staffed. The nursing supervisor asks for a volunteer to go down to be an extra pair of hands. You volunteer as tribute. When you get to the ER, you are asked to do vitals on a client in the trauma room. The client is a 24-year-old male who was stabbed multiple times to the abdomen.
The wounds appear superficial, and the client has been stable thus far. He will be going to CAT scan as soon as they can fit him in. You approach the client, who appears slightly pale with cool, clammy but is alert and talkative. The vital signs are:
97.3 (PO) P= 115 BP= 95/54 Resp rate= 24 Pain= 6/10. You notice the client voided 100 mL tea-colored urine in his urinal.
One hour later, the client becomes unconscious. His pulse is now 144, and blood pressure is 70/50. The client is taken to the OR and has a nephrectomy for a very damaged and bleeding right kidney.
Answer the following questions:
- What were the clues in the data collection that should have alerted you and the staff that there might be a problem? (5-10 sentences)
- Why is the urine “tea-colored?” (one sentence)
- What are some other interventions that could have been done? (2-5 sentences)
- Was the LPN in this scenario working within the scope of practice for an LPN? Why or why not? (5-10 sentences)
- How did the environment of care (busy ER) contribute to the client’s deterioration? (5-10 sentences)
- Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- Logical, original and insightful
- Professional organization, style, and mechanics in APA format
- Submit document through Grammarly to correct errors before submission
ResourcesAPA Online Guide
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.