02 May Share a case that involved a client who reported sexual abuse (past or current); domestic violenc
Share a case that involved a client who reported sexual abuse (past or current); domestic violence; or abuse of a child, elder, or dependent adult. Remove the client's name and all identifying information. Use a pseudonym when referring to the client. If you have not worked with a client who has experienced or reported abuse, create a brief hypothetical case.
Explain how you considered the ethical and legal aspects of this case, including any reporting mandates for abuse in your state as well as the protocols for mandatory reporting at your site.
Drawing from the current professional literature, include at least one article that describes counseling approaches that have been found effective in working with clients who have suffered abuse.
Discuss one of the specific interventions you used with this client. Was it effective? Describe what you observed that let you know whether the intervention was effective or not.
Optional – Readings
You may also wish to read the following library and Internet articles, which offer some additional insights on this unit's subject:
- Durfee, A. (2011). "I'm not a victim, she's an abuser": Masculinity, victimization, and protection orders. Gender and Society, 25(3), 316–334.
- Hill, J. M., Vernig, P. M., Lee, J. K., Brown, C., & Orsillo, S. M. (2011). The development of a brief acceptance and mindfulness-based program aimed at reducing sexual revictimization among college women with a history of childhood sexual abuse. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 67(9), 969–980.
- Bell, C. H., & Robinson, E. H., III. (2013). Shared trauma in counseling: Information and implications for counselors. Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 35(4), 310–323.
- Perilla, J. L., Serrata, J. V., Weinberg, J., & Lippy, C. A. (2012). Integrating women's voices and theory: A comprehensive domestic violence intervention for Latinas. Women and Therapy, 35(1–2), 93–105.
Optional – Internet Resources
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Children's Bureau. (2018). Child maltreatment 2016. Retrieved from https://www.acf.hhs.gov/cb/resource/child-maltreatment-2016
- Myers, K. (2014, September 26). Exploring the impact of war. Counseling Today. Retrieved from http://ct.counseling.org/2014/09/exploring-the-impact-of-war/
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.