03 Jan Study of Ethics Philosophy No unread replies.11 reply. Required Resources Read/review the following resources for this activity: Textbook: Chapter 1, 5, 12 (section: ‘Introduction’; ‘The
Week 1 Discussion 2: Study of Ethics Philosophy
No unread replies.11 reply.
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 1, 5, 12 (section: "Introduction"; "The Classical Period"; and Appendix – "Writing about Moral Issues")
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
The study of ethics and philosophy is one that brings many different kinds of "thinkers" together. One person's philosophy on ethics is another person's philosophy on evil. We will be working this term on constructing personal ethical bases and understanding how ethical codes (both personal and professional) are created and followed.
To start us thinking about the different areas of philosophy and ethics, and how we fit into the different molds or world views, let's discuss the differences and similarities between these views. To do this, let's look at the role of right and wrong, laws which regulate behavior, principles vs. morality, and the role of ethics in our society.
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, address one of the following questions:
- Do we need ethics if we have laws? Why or why not?
- Examine the issues with changing our own views of ethics based on the situation we are in?
- Can we "legislate" ethics? If so, how do you see this happening? If not, what are the obstacles to legislating ethics?
- How does Aristotle's "virtue ethics" mirror your ethical view, or how is it different? Make sure to explain your reasoning.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least two peers or one peer and the instructor. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up)
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Grading Rubric. Please review the following link:
- Link (webpage): Discussion Guidelines
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.