14 Sep The ?evolving role of the Doctor of Nursing practice (DNP) degree was ?created to fill a gap in health care in the
The evolving role of the Doctor of Nursing practice (DNP) degree was created to fill a gap in health care in the United States and was proposed to bring added value to the health care system and began in 2004 with the National Academy of Science. The DNP degree prepares nurses to practice at the highest level, beyond the initial nursing preparation (Stoekel, 2013).
According to Schlette (2021), the pros of DNP as a terminal degree for advanced nursing practice are:
- First, the DNP degree is expensive, and the path for education may be lengthy.
- If you practice as a Nurse practitioner, earning a DNP will not help learn any new hands-on skills as the DNP works towards organizational and systems leadership, health care information systems/technology, inter-professional collaboration, health care policy, and evidence-based practice. This may be an issue if you wish to teach in an academic setting, you need to keep in mind that some institutions will not make DNP faculty eligible for tenure.
According to Deering (2021), the cons of DNP as a terminal degree for advanced nursing practice are:
- DNP emphasizes higher-level skills in nursing practice. DNPs strive to improve patient outcomes.
- DNP curriculum centers on leadership in healthcare, evidence-based practice, and advanced practice nursing.
- DNPs in clinical practice are expected to take on larger roles in problem solving and advocacy, acting as liaisons with other medical professionals. This heightened responsibility comes with higher pay rates and opportunities
Deering, M. (2021, August 12). Why get a doctorate in Nursing (DNP)? NurseJournal. Retrieved September 10, 2021, from https://nursejournal.org/degrees/dnp/why-get-a-dnp-degree/.
Denisco, S. M., and Barker, A. M. (2021). Advanced Practice Nursing: Essential Knowledge for
the Profession 4th ed. Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Schlette, J. (2021). (PDF) practicing dnps' perceptions of the DNP. ResearchGate. Retrieved September 10, 2021, from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/272145470_Practicing_DNPs'_Perceptions_of_the_DNP.
Stoeckel, P. (2013). (PDF) practicing dnps' perceptions of the DNP. ResearchGate. Retrieved September 10, 2021, from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/272145470_Practicing_DNPs'_Perceptions_of_the_DNP.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.
Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8-$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.